||OS X Server 4.1.3
||OS X Server 4.1.3.dmg (173.8 MB)
Descriptions for Description
Name: OS X Server
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.10.4 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT Team
Release Date: July 1, 2015
What's New in Version 4.1.3
Updated for OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.
Profile Manager support for new features, Mobile Device Management commands, and payloads introduced in iOS 8.3.
Caching Server configuration option to output DNS TXT records in Windows format.
Messages service improvements for group access.
Enhancements for Profile Manager device searching.
User and Group accounts can now be exported to a file.
Improved reliability of Time Machine backups and restores.
Fixed an issue that could cause Server to stall when updating Profile Manager, Calendar, and Wiki services.
Updated Profile Manager enrollment profile handling.
Improved Web service remote administration.
Fixed an issue where Firewall rules were incorrectly being applied after reboot.
Wiki service improvements on iPad.
More Info: https://itunes.apple.com/app/os-x-server/id883878097
OS X Server is the next generation of Apple’s award winning server software. Designed for OS X and iOS devices, OS X Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
Server is now an application you can add to Mavericks directly from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac running Mavericks into a server that’s perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
• File sharing for Mac, PC, and iPad
• Standards-based SMB2, AFP, and WebDAV file services
• Flexible file permissions
• Spotlight searching
• Mobile device management for Mac and iOS devices
• Simplified management and deployment of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
• Distribution of institution licensed Apps and Books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock and wipe
• Speed up the download of software distributed by Apple
• Locally cache Apps, Books, iTunes U, Software Updates and OS X Recovery images
• Fault tolerant design with multi-server cache replication and load balancing
• No client configuration required
• Use Xcode 5 to create continuous integration bots that build, analyze, and test on any Mac running OS X Server
• Configure bots to integrate at a specific time, or continually as code is committed to the repository
• Automate testing of OS X and iOS apps, executing on multiple connected iOS devices
• Host your own Git repositories on OS X Server, or connect to remote Git or Subversion hosts
• Remotely access detailed integration summaries and nightly builds using the Web interface
• Provide a backup destination for Mac computers on your network
• Monitor which computers have backed up, when they last backed up and size of backup
• Set limits on the amount of Time Machine storage a user can use.
• Share calendars, schedule meetings and events, and book conference rooms
• Standards-based CalDAV server for access from Mac, iPad, iPhone and PC
• View availability with free/busy lookups
• Email invitations and push notifications
• Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad and iPhone
• Allow multiple users to access and update contacts
• Standards-based CardDAV server
• Point-and-click page edit to change formatting, insert images, movies and attachments
• Access controls
• Tags and comments
• Revision history
• Document sharing
• Quick Look previews
• Standards-based SMTP, IMAP and POP server
• Push notifications
• SSL encryption
• Adaptive junk mail filtering
• Virus detection and quarantine
Virtual Private Network
• Remote access for your network services
• Encrypted VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone and PC
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, stripping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more.
Other great OS X Server features
• NetInstall to automate OS X installations and upgrades across your network
• Web server for hosting multiple websites
• Messages server to encrypt instant messaging within your organization
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.