ON1 Effects 2018.1 (22.214.171.12457)
Name: ON1 Effects
Version: 2018.1.1 126.96.36.19957
Developer: ON1 Inc
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://www.on1.com/
An easy to use macOS photo processor that enables you to give a new look to your images by applying different effects, border patters, or textures
Applying various effects to your images can help you create amazing, artistic or simply interesting results. ON1 Effects (formerly known as Perfect Effects Standard) is a standalone OS X application that provides quick access to powerful editing and processing tools designed to help you give a fresh look to your photo library in no time.
Effortless to install image processor that can work with layers and includes image analysis tools
ON1 Effects comes with an installer package that greatly simplifies the whole process, but also includes an uninstaller that will correctly remove all files related to the installation (the uninstaller is placed in the Documentation folder created in the Applications directory).
For your convenience, the ON1 Effects main window includes a browser panel that enables you to quickly navigate to your photos’s library, so all you have to do is select the image you want to process and make the necessary adjustments.
Give a new look to your images by applying blending effects or textures
Within the ON1 Effects main window you can easily preview your original image, apply new border patterns or textures, apply color filling presets, or blending patters, adjust the image opacity level, and so on.
Moreover, ON1 Effects also provides a loupe that will zoom around the current location of your cursor, a histogram function that analyzes the current image, and an info panel that contains general details about the file (name, format, color space, dimensions, and image size).
Analyze images and modify their appearance by using basic editing tools and a limited number of presets
ON1 Effects includes fairly intuitive image processing tools designed to help you unleash your creativity and give a fresh look to your photo collection. However, if you have problems finding your way around, you can watch the introductory video provided by the developers.
What’s new in ON1 Effects 2018.1.1 (188.8.131.5257)
- Improvements to RAW — The debayer algorithms for most cameras have been improved to yield sharper results with less noise. Automatic hot-pixel reduction has been added as well. We have also improved high-ISO noise reduction, sharpening and color fringe removal.
- Soft-Proofing — Now in Develop and Effects you can preview what a print will look like by simulating it with a printer profile. This is accessible from the View menu or the icon in the footer. You can select the profile to use, show out of gamut colors and simulate the black and white points of the paper. Along the way we have improved the detection of installed color profiles.
- Improved Preview Sharpness and Matching — The preview window is now sharper and matches exported photos better.
- Updated UI — Clean and modern UI where your photo is the center of attention. You can name the filters and layers so it’s easier to keep track of your work. You can even select your own accent color!
- Additional performance improvements and bug fixes. The most important bugs fixed are listed below.
- New Cameras & Lenses — Added support for the Nikon D850, Olympus EM-10 III, Fujifilm X-E3, Sony DSC RX10 IV, Olympus E-M10 III, Panasonic DMC-G85, Sony A7R III, Canon M100, Canon Powershot G1 X MKIII, Panasonic DC-G9, Fujifilm X-A10, Olympus PEN E-PL9, Fujifilm X-H1, Fujifilm X-A10 and DJI FC220 as well as these lenses: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM, Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM + EF 2x II extender, Canon EF-S18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, Fujifilm XF100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR, Fujifilm XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR + 1.4x converter, Meike MK-F 28mm f/2.8, Minolta AF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 APO (D), Minolta AF 135mm f/2.8, Nikkor AF 35mm f/2.8 PC "black knob”, Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D IF-ED, Nikon AF Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8, Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D IF-ED, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, Nikon AI-S Nikkor 135mm f/2.8, Nikon AI-S Nikkor 200mm f/4, Nikon AI-S Nikkor 300mm f/4.5, Nikon AI-S Nikkor 400mm f/3.5, Nikon AI-S Nikkor 400mm f/3.5 + TC14B teleconverter, Pentax HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR, Pentax HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR, Pentax HD Pentax-DA 21mm f/3.2 ED AL Limited, Pentax HD Pentax-DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited, Pentax Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4, Samsung S7 wide angle lens cover, Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG OS, Sigma DT 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro, Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM, Sony FE 85mm f/1.8, Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD (Model A16), Tokina AT-X M100 AF PRO D (100mm f/2.8 Macro), Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 ZF.2, SMC PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited, Nikkor AF-P 10-20mm f/4.5-5.6G DX VR.
Improved Local Adjustments —The powerful local adjustments filters make it easy to burn and dodge, paint-in more detail or contrast, etc. We have improved the local adjustments with these handy new options:
- Paint with Color — You can now paint with a color. This can be a solid color, perfect for skin smoothing and making annotation layers, or you can paint with just the color and leave the underlying luminosity in place to change the color of objects like eyes.
- Selectively add or remove noise — Now you can paint away noise in areas like skies or add noise or an artistic effect.
Masking Improvements — Masking is the way you make selections and selectively apply adjustments in Photo RAW. We pride ourselves in offering the best tools for masking and they just keep getting better:
- We have added the Blur and Chisel Mask tools to Effects. The Blur tool is perfect for softening or feathering a mask selectively. The Chisel tool lets you push or pull the edge selectively, to remove a halos.
- There is also a new set of powerful global mask editing tools. These include the new mask Density and Feather sliders which allow you change the density or opacity of mask as well as blur a mask to soften it.
- We’ve taken luminosity masking to the next level as well. Now you can adjust the levels of a mask to increase the contrast or ship the brightness as well as set a tonal window to only affect a certain zone.These empower you to target just the area you want, based on your photo.
- Did we mention you can make a mask from a color range selection too. And all of these masking options are re-editable and non-destructive.