Descriptions for OmniPlan Pro 3.9
Name: OmniPlan Pro for Mac
Release Date: 02 Feb 2018
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:macOS 10.12 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omniplan/
With OmniPlan Pro, you can create logical, manageable project plans with Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical paths. Break down the tasks needed to make your project a success, optimize resources, and streamline budgets. It’s project management made painless.
How to get your project done on time and under budget:
- Translate strategy into tactics everyone can understand
- Create summaries of work broken into lists of activities
- Distribute workloads fairly and efficiently
- Manage costs as you go
OmniPlan Pro adds the following features to OmniPlan’s robust management abilities:
- Publish and subscribe
- Change tracking
- Monte Carlo simulation
- AppleScript support
- Earned-value analysis
- Multi-project dashboard
- Beautiful reports
- Microsoft Project support
- Auto-effort estimation
What’s New in OmniPlan Pro 3.9
- Project Summary Inspector – The new Project Summary Inspector displays total project duration, effort, variance, completion %, and cost.
- Dashboard – It is now possible to change the visible timescale for a Dashboard via the View options in the toolbar. Select a preset date range, or specify a custom range.
- Dashboard – The Dashboard Project column is now resizable, allowing for longer project titles to be displayed. Hovering your cursor over a truncated project title also now reveals a tooltip with the full title.
- Dashboard – Total project effort is now included in Project Stats.
- Dashboard – The appearance of the Actual/Baseline schedule pop-up button in the Dashboard has been updated.
- Help – OmniPlan’s Help content has been updated with explanations of the new functionality included in this release. A couple instances of out of date information and typos in the Help have also been corrected.
- Inspector – Date options in Project Formats Inspector are now displayed in a more logical order.
- Printing – Page Attribute options have been slightly rearranged in the Report printing dialogue.
- Calendar View – All four corners of the Normal Hours/Extra & Off Hours controller in the Calendar View sidebar are now rounded.
- Dashboard – A tooltip with project and task assignment information now reliably appears when hovering your cursor over resource allocation bars in the Dashboard window.
- Dashboard – Resource list now opens full height after checking “Show Resources” in the Dashboard View Options.
- Document Windows – Documents opened in multiple windows now re-open to correct state after they are closed.
- Export – Fixed a bug that could cause missing date headers when exporting a project to PDF or TIFF.
- Gantt – Off Hours schedule exceptions now display when View ▸ Non-Working Time ▸ Holidays is selected in the OmniPlan menu bar.
- Leveling – Fixed a bug that could cause gaps in the project schedule when leveling in some specific scenarios.
- Leveling – Addressed a bug that could cause resource assignments to appear wrong after leveling in some combinations of Resource & Resource Group assignments.
- Localizations – “Sign Up for the Omni Newsletter” and “Intro Video” menu items are now localized.
- Microsoft Project Export – Fixed a bug in OmniPlan’s Microsoft Project export tool that could cause cost information to export incorrectly.
- Microsoft Project Import – Microsoft Project 2016 files no longer import with locked task dates.
- Microsoft Project Import – Fixed a bug that could cause milestone dates to not import correctly from Microsoft Project files.
- Monte Carlo Simulations – Monte Carlo Simulation reports now include best-case and worst-case cost values.
- Network View – Fixed a bug that could cause unnecessary connections to draw in the Network Diagram.
- Resource View – Addressed a bug that could cause icons in the Resource Type column to appear blurry on some displays.
- Task Outline – Making a change in the Inspector no longer discards pending task title edits.
- Stability – Fixed a crash that could occur when setting an end date earlier than a start date while working in Network View.
- Stability – Addressed a crash that could occur when disconnecting an external display or enabling AirPlay to an AppleTV.