Developer: The Omni Group
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: macOS 10.12 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omniplan/
An easy to use macOS application that provides a clean and organized environment for quickly organizing and managing your projects
The success of each project can be greatly influenced by one’s organizational skills: you must learn to optimize your time and make the most out of the available resources.
OmniPlan is a user-friendly macOS application that can help you keep track of all the details related to a certain assignment.
Visualize your tasks
OmniPlan enables you to create a list of all the tasks associated with a certain enterprise, helps you to keep track of all available resources, and then allows you to schedule the jobs using a calendar view.
The fact that you can view all the project’s elements on a timeline is extremely important because a single glance allows you to know what you must accomplish and when: this way, it is a lot easier to stay on schedule.
Set up priorities and share projects with others
OmniPlan offers you the possibility to filter out events that should not concern you or your team just yet. Moreover, you get to sort tasks by various degrees of difficulty and necessary effort.
For your convenience, OmniPlan enables you to share your plans with others by syncing them to your OmniPlan server repository: you must input your credentials in the “Configure Publishing & Subscriptions” panel. The same area offers you the possibility to enable the “Perform publishing actions when saving” function.
At the same time, you can choose to sync Calendar Server events or reminders, and iCal events, or run Apple scripts. Furthermore, you can export the project to an OmniPlan document, or to other popular file formats (ICS, CSV, MPX, MPP, XML, PNG, PDF, TIFF, JPEG, or HTML).
Straightforward project planning solution
OmniPlan provides a large collection of efficient tools that can help you plan projects, schedule events, keep track of your progress and more. Since you can share the plans with your entire team, via the OmniPlan account, collaborative work is extremely easy.
What’s new in OmniPlan 3.9.2
March 7th, 2018
Addresses an error importing Microsoft Project files and fixes a handful of recently reported bugs:
- Estimate at Completion — Estimate at Completion is now computed as EAC = AC+(BAC-EV)/CPI.
- Monte Carlo Reports — Monte Carlo Reports now include a project “Cost to Achieve” value in addition to milestone values.
- Viewer Mode — The “New” option in OmniPlan’s File menu no longer appears active while running OmniPlan without a license.
- Dashboard — The tooltip that appears when hovering your cursor over resource allocation bars in the Dashboard window now displays accurate information about task assignments.
- Dashboard — It is no longer possible to enter an end date before the start date in the Dashboard custom timescale date fields.
- Dashboard — Custom timescale date fields now remain editable if the View popover has been closed and re-opened.
- Help — Localized content has returned to OmniPlan’s in-app Help.
- Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause some projects to hang while leveling.
- Microsoft Project Import — Microsoft Project files that previously triggered “Error Code 5” import errors now import successfully.
- Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when editing a date field.