OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go.
Here’s where you put together a beautiful, personal command station for a set of projects. The focus here is on resource load and easy-to-understand visuals.
Monte Carlo Simulation
Two clicks for a much better understanding of your project’s finishability! OmniPlan does quick math and predicts the future.
An incredibly easy way to visualize a project’s flow, dependencies, and tasks. All completely customizable, too.
Earned Value Analysis
Using built-in EVA formulas, you’ll always know if the money going in to a project is producing the expected results. And we’ve already checked the math.
What’s new in OmniPlan 3
- Standard And Pro — OmniPlan Standard provides the core functionality that most users need to plan a project. OmniPlan Pro takes your project to the next level with collaboration, forecasting, and reporting features.
- User Interface — Out with the old, in with the new! The Gantt chart and resource timeline now sport a flat, modern design, and the inspectors live in their new home in the sidebar.
- Network View — An elegant and easy way to rapidly prototype and visualize your project’s flow as a network diagram of nodes connected by dependencies.
- MultiProject Dashboard (PRO) — See everything at once! Assemble a beautiful dashboard to review your projects at a glance, and see how busy or idle every team member is across all of them.
- Earned Value Analysis (PRO) — Time is money! Measure a project’s progress at any given point in the schedule and forecast its completion date and final cost, without having to remember all of those EVA formulas.
- Meeting Task Type — A new resource allocation option that allows you to specify if multiple resources need to work on a task independently or simultaneously.
- AutoEffort Estimation (PRO) — Think some tasks might take longer or finish earlier than expected? Let OmniPlan assign your best and worst estimates to account for every scenario.
- Monte Carlo Simulation (PRO) — Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
- OffDay Styling — Want to see every single offhour time period, just the weekends, or just the holidays on your Gantt chart? You can now show or hide them all!
- Reports (PRO) — Generate project reports with a single click! We’ve created gorgeous, customizable HTML templates that are dressed to impress at your next status meeting.
- Unlinked Duration and Effort — Set different values for a task’s effort and duration, then let OmniPlan crunch the numbers for your resource assignment percentage.
- Display Task Hierarchy — Have a lot of repetitive tasks with the same name? Differentiate them by showing the full hierarchical path of a task and its parent group in the task outline and Gantt chart.
Requirements: Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher.
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omniplan
What’s New in OmniPlan Pro 3.10.2
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.