Descriptions for OmniOutliner Pro 5.3
Name: OmniOutliner Pro
Developer: The Omni Group
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnioutliner/
OmniOutliner Pro is a flexible and intuitive macOS application that provides the required tools to store, manage, organize and share information. Thanks to OmniOutliner Pro, you can easily draft plans, to-do lists, agendas, take notes, track expenses, plan events, shape projects and more.
Information collector and organizer
From OmniOutliner Pro’s user-friendly interface you can easily collect, edit and review information, store pictures, video and audio files in an easy-to-read document that you can share with your co-workers, colleagues, friends or family.
The advanced smart matching technology helps you fill in fields at a faster rate while defining the style of your document according to the stored data and easily synchronize your files across devices.
Powerful word processor
The feature-rich editor comes with all the necessary tools and features to write anything you want from short papers, essays, screenplays, dissertations, academic research papers and even novels. The easily-referenceable nodes provide more flexibility as you write sentences and organize them in paragraphs.
By using OmniOutliner Pro you can also structure and organize your information, expand and collapse the fields you need and when you need them, zoom in or out to focus on certain points and avoid other distractions. Hence, you can have quick an easy access to reference material without being distracted by it.
The Full-screen mode helps you keep external distraction away and concentrate on your document. You can create custom templates that provide uniform outlines and improve your work. On top of that you can use multiple columns, pop-up lists, smart checkboxes and eye-catching styles system.
Furthermore, you can keep your synced across multiple Macs and iPads, record audio directly into your documents and export them as plain text, RTF, OPML, HTML MS Word documents. You can also hide or show columns, create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks and display or hide notes.
What’s new in OmniOutliner Pro 5.3
- OmniOutliner 5.3 remembers the last used setting in the Search field and fixes Quick Look on macOS High Sierra.
This release also fixes numerous bugs and crashes:
- Search — The Search field in the toolbar remembers the last used setting between Filter and Batch Find.
- Resource Browser — Templates can be reorganized in folders by dragging them around.
- Resource Browser — Template folders can be renamed.
- Quick Look — Quick Look now works on macOS High Sierra.
- Filter — Rows hidden under two or more collapsed parents will appear in flat filtered results.
- Outline View — Fixed a bug causing child rows to display in the wrong order after ungrouping or outdenting a row.
- Performance — Made saving certain documents faster.
- Copy/Paste/Duplicate — Copying and pasting, or duplicating a row with pop-up column values will retain those values.
- Fonts — Fixed an issue with text not displaying sometimes when using the Kailasa font.
- Encryption — Password hints on flat format .ooutline files are now stored in a sync-friendly way.
- Exports — Fixed a bug with font colors being applied incorrectly in PowerPoint exports.
- Export — HTML and HTML (Dynamic) formats no longer try to display Photoshop files inline.
- Quickstart — When in trial mode, the Quickstart guide message about switching modes accurately reflects the current mode.
- Omni Automation — Fixed a bug preventing Style.link from returning normal URLs.
- Resource Browser — Recent files can be opened and new documents can be created, by double-clicking on file in list mode.
- Stability — Fixed a crash caused by applying a theme that had multiple named styles of the same name.
- Stability — Fixed a memory management crash on Sierra often encountered when closing a file.
- Stability — Fixed a hang converting certain Pro documents to Essentials.