Descriptions for Description
Name: OmniOutliner Pro
Release Date: March 30, 2016
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of C.O.R.E.
More information: https://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnioutliner/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/omnioutliner-pro/id404647179?mt=12
Welcome to OmniOutliner 4, an amazingly flexible yet lightweight program for creating, collecting, and organizing information. Use OmniOutliner’s document structure to brainstorm new ideas, drill out specifics, and construct a beautiful document for sharing. It’s way more than just an outlining tool—you’ve got multiple columns, smart checkboxes, pop-up lists, and a fantastically rich styles system at your disposal. It’s perfect for drafting a simple to-do list, creating an agenda for a meeting, taking notes at said meeting, planning events, writing anything from diaries to screenplays, or any other task that calls for structured text.
OmniOutliner Pro is the professional edition of OmniOutliner; a standard edition is also available with fewer advanced features at a lower price. (See below for a list of the features exclusive to Pro.)
• Sync: Keep your documents up to date between Macs or to OmniOutliner for iPad with OmniPresence, our free sync technology.
• Organization: Add structure to your thoughts and notes by creating easy-to-manipulate collapsible outlines (lists of lists of lists).
• Sections: See your whole document structure in the sidebar; just click a section to instantly focus in on it.
• Columns: Use columns to associate different types of information with each item—pop-up lists, checkboxes, numerical values, dates, durations, or rich text.
• Styles: OmniOutliner helps you format on the fly with a rich Styles system designed to give you everything you need to apply style changes—from one word at a time to document-wide. Change once; change everywhere.
• Saved templates and themes: Save your favorite documents as templates; then use them as starting points for new documents or apply their styles to an existing document as a theme.
• Attachments: Insert any kind of file; images and other media appear right inline.
• Audio recording: Capture audio directly into your documents so you can, for example, refer back to the lecture or interview that you’re taking notes on.
• Exporting: OmniOutliner documents can be exported as plain text, rich text, OPML, HTML, and more.
• Column Visibility: Feel free to add as many columns as you like to your document, and show only the ones you really need at the moment.
• Folded editing: OmniOutliner actively collapses the text of all rows except the one you’re editing, so that you can see more of your document at once.
• Advanced styling: Get more control over nerdy details like custom spacing schemes and manual page breaks.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks, automate the things you do over and over, and turn OmniOutliner into a whole new app; you’ll get more done, and with fewer mistakes.
• And more: Show notes in a separate pane, export to Microsoft Word format, and even build your own export plug-ins.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.
What's New in Version 4.5.1:
OmniOutliner Pro 4.5.1 is a minor update containing a number of bug fixes.
• Print: The print scale value in Page Setup is no longer linked to the 'Scale to fit page width' setting.
• Print: Print panel option text should no longer be cut off under OS X Yosemite.
• Print: Image attachments will now print in the matching display state of either an icon or inline.
• Print: When sorted is turned on, level 1 rows will now print in the correct order.
• Print: Long notes will now be properly split between pages.
• Print: Fixed some issues that were causing incorrect layout of text.
• Zoom: Rows pasted while at less than 100% zoom will now be sized properly.
• Sidebar: The sidebar section list will no longer animate when showing or hiding the style palette.
• Stability: Fixed a crash that could occur after merging rows.
For more details, please see the longer release notes which are available from the Help menu in the app.
We appreciate that you're taking the time to read these release notes. If you are enjoying OmniOutliner Pro, please consider rating it in the Mac App Store!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnioutliner.