OmniGraffle 7 is a completely redesigned version of the application, offering integrated Inspector and Stencil windows, a brand new Resource Browser to manage stencils and templates, new artistic Fill and Stroke styles, improved Shared layers, powerful Shape Combinations, better Image Masking and Cropping, and a bevy of other new features.
OmniGraffle is for creating precise, beautiful graphics. Like website wireframes, an electrical system design, a family tree, or mapping out software classes. For artists, designers, casual data-mappers, and everyone in-between.
Design how you like
Extensive options for objects, canvases, templates, inspectors, and stencils in OmniGraffle mean that you can set out to do something well, quickly. Exactly what you’d expect.
All the extras
You’re not going to find a tediously navigable set of menubar items in OmniGraffle—just your favorite features, easy to find and easier than ever to use.
Work how you like
Make OmniGraffle yours, each and every way. From flexible inspectors to your own templates and stencils, it’ll be your most used, most comfortable tool, every day.
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you’d like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between a normal and a Shared layer.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolutionindependent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export has returned, and supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor.
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/omnigraffle-7/id1142578753?mt=12
What’s New in OmniGraffle Pro 7.9
- Dark Mode — OmniGraffle now supports Dark Mode on macOS Mojave 10.14.
- Control Point Size Preference — Added an option in the Appearance preference pane for the size of handles. This preference controls the size of selection handles, Bézier points, Bézier control handles, line midpoints, and magnets.
- Quick Connect — When using the Line tool, holding the command key while clicking to a connect a line to a shape will now create a magnet where you clicked, and the line will automatically connect to that magnet.
- AppleScript — Brought back support for current export settings in AppleScript and fixed a couple bugs with export properties. Also fixed a bug causing incomplete exports when calling close immediately after export.
- Performance — Improved Inspector performance when many documents are open at once.
- Undo — Fixed a couple bugs that prevented undo from working correctly with Auto Layout and with Enforce Style.
- Bézier Points — Fixed a bug that caused Bézier points to be hidden behind objects in the foreground. Now Bézier points behave like selection handles and always draw on top of other shapes so they are available to be manipulated.
- Tool Hot Keys — Fixed a bug with Tool Hot Keys that would occasionally cause them to stop working.
- Line Labels — Fixed a bug that prevented lines from connecting to the labels of other lines.
- Touch Bar — Fixed a bug that caused the slider to not track with your finger when resizing an object from the Touch Bar.
- Crows Feet — Fixed a bug with the Crows Feet line ending that prevented it from resizing on screen when the size was adjusted in the inspector.
- Export — Fixed a bug that caused the Current Canvas export to export the wrong canvas if canvases had been reordered in the document.
- Export — Fixed a bug that caused the Export Area setting to not be remembered for subsequent exports after exporting to PDF.
- Orthogonal Line Routing — Fixed some line routing bugs reported by users. Thank you!