OmniGraffle 7 is a completely redesigned version of the application, offering integrated Inspector and Stencil windows, a brand new Resource Browser to manage stencils and templates, new artistic Fill and Stroke styles, improved Shared layers, powerful Shape Combinations, better Image Masking and Cropping, and a bevy of other new features.
OmniGraffle is for creating precise, beautiful graphics. Like website wireframes, an electrical system design, a family tree, or mapping out software classes. For artists, designers, casual data-mappers, and everyone in-between.
Design how you like
Extensive options for objects, canvases, templates, inspectors, and stencils in OmniGraffle mean that you can set out to do something well, quickly. Exactly what you’d expect.
All the extras
You’re not going to find a tediously navigable set of menubar items in OmniGraffle—just your favorite features, easy to find and easier than ever to use.
Work how you like
Make OmniGraffle yours, each and every way. From flexible inspectors to your own templates and stencils, it’ll be your most used, most comfortable tool, every day.
- Visio import/export: Open Microsoft Visio® documents (VSD or VDX) directly in OmniGraffle, as well as Visio stencils (VSS) and templates (VST). Export to Visio XML documents (VDX).
- Shared layers: Easily update common elements that you’d like to display on multiple canvases. Layers can now be toggled between a normal and a Shared layer.
- New controls specify which edge or center of an object is reflected in the Geometry Inspector. You can set the X and Y coordinates of a selected vertex point.
- Shape combinations: Easily create new shapes using combinations of existing shapes (with support for union, intersection, and subtraction). Combined shapes can now be uncombined into their component shapes.
- Resolutionindependent Display Scale: When zoom is at 100%, match an Apple point, PostScript point, or screen pixel.
- Photoshop export has returned, and supports the export of OmniGraffle layers to Photoshop layers.
- Tables: Group shapes using tables, making it easy to add new rows or columns of your template shape.
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor.
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/omnigraffle-7/id1142578753?mt=12
What’s New in OmniGraffle Pro 7.8.2
- Orthogonal Line Routing — OmniGraffle now writes line routing path data to Graffle documents. This way OmniGraffle can preserve routes calculated by the old line routing algorithm when opening and viewing documents in future versions of OmniGraffle. When you edit a line or otherwise cause a line path to be recalculated then the latest version of the algorithm will be used. If you open a file that does not have line routing path data then OmniGraffle will use the previous version of the algorithm (prior to the 7.8 update) to calculate the old path and save it to the file.
- Color Picker — The Pencil tab of the Color Picker has been disabled when OmniGraffle is running on High Sierra 10.13.6 to prevent a system crash. More details can be found at: https://support.omnigroup.com/enablecoloredpencils/
- Canvas — The canvas and surrounding view will no longer scroll when an object is placed partially out of the view. The view will still scroll when the pointer drags an object beyond the edge of the view.
- Orthogonal Line Routing — Fixed a handful of line routing bugs reported by users. Thank you for sending us examples!
- Documentation — The inapp documentation now uses a darker green color in the navigation sidebar for higher contrast.