Descriptions for Description
Name: OmniFocus 2
Release Date: September 23, 2016
Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Developer: The Omni Group
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.omnigroup.com/omnifocus/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/omnifocus-2/id867299399?mt=12
Live a productive, contextual life with OmniFocus 2 for Mac. Keep work and play separated with contexts, perspectives, and Focus. Ignore the irrelevant, focus on what you can do now, and accomplish more. And do it all much faster than before.
OmniFocus' interface was designed and organized around your data—your stuff—to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas into and out of the app, whether you’re using Getting Things Done™ (GTD™) or any other productivity system. It's powerful enough to use on its own, and syncs through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iOS and Apple Watch).
OmniFocus 2 features everything you need to seriously get stuff done:
• Reliable sync with NEW push triggering using our free service or your own server. Keep your entire database at your fingertips by syncing with OmniFocus for iOS and Apple Watch (available from the App Store as a separate purchase).
• A flexible hierarchy: keep all your to-dos in one list or use as many levels of Folders, Projects, Groups, and Actions as you need to stay organized
• Customizable Layout: Choose a fluid view that automatically shows and hides fields as needed, or use Custom Columns for scannable, tabular lists.
• Assign contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished
• NEW Customize OmniFocus' look with the colors and fonts of your choosing.
• Sharing Extension captures content from any app that has a Share button
• Today Extension shows you OmniFocus items due today right in Notification Center
• Collect from anything that can send email—Omni Sync Server’s Mail Drop adds items directly to your OmniFocus Inbox
• Attach (or link to) important reference material.
• Open the Forecast perspective to see your due items for each day alongside events from your OS X Calendar.
• The Review perspective (NEW IN 2) makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.
Starting from a solid, simple user experience, we added Pro features for customizing OmniFocus and making it even more powerful. Pro is available via In-App Purchase and free to customers who purchased OmniFocus 1 from the Mac App Store:
• Custom Perspectives: save and revisit custom views for specific tasks or situations: “Show me the chores I can do in five minutes” or “What do I need to follow up on with the people from the planning meeting?”
• Customize the OmniFocus sidebar and home screen just like you customize your iOS Device's home screen.
• AppleScript support enables all kinds of cool workflows.
• Focus feature lets you block out stuff that isn't immediately actionable.
• Display any perspective in Notification Center with the Today Extension
For more information, please watch the video on our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on Twitter at @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and get more done.
What's New in Version 2.7:
This release adds the ability to specify an encryption passphrase separate from your sync password. Don’t set a separate passphrase until you are running at least OmniFocus 2.16 on all of your iOS devices and OmniFocus 2.7 on all of your Macs.
• Encryption — We added the ability to set a separate encryption passphrase, and to revert to using the sync password for encryption. You’ll find these options in Synchronization Preferences.
• Database Migration — Fixed several problems with the database migration flow.
This release also updates OmniFocus for Mac’s pasteboard format to match the TaskPaper format used by OmniFocus for iOS and makes other improvements to sharing and exporting:
• Pasteboard Format — OmniFocus for Mac now uses the same TaskPaper Text format as OmniFocus for iOS.
• Export — Updated our old plain-text exporter to use the newer TaskPaper logic from copy/paste. Updated the TaskPaper exporter to stop skipping group headers and their children, so you can export things like your Forecast list.
• Copy/Paste — Add a hidden preference to omit TaskPaper tags when copying:
To reset, use:
• Share — We now use the TaskPaper format for sharing.
• Export — OmniFocus now exports to its own .ofocus-backup file format.
There are more changes in OmniFocus 2.7, including a change to Push and two new localizations:
• macOS Sierra — Fixed several problems when running on the new OS.
• Push — Apple now allows all Mac apps to use their push service, so as of this release we are routing all sync pushes through those servers instead of our own.
• Toolbar — The Focus button is added to the Toolbar when you purchase Pro, regardless of whether you have previously customized your Toolbar.
• Help — Find once again searches the help.
• Crash — Fixed a crash clicking a note or attachment
• Scrolling — Fixed some problems with scrolling long lists in response to various user actions.
• Mail Drop — Fixed a problem where attachments with non-ascii characters in their names would be missing their contents once imported.
• Preferences — New Preferences icons!
• Action Groups — Fixed a problem where setting a defer date did not change the availability of its children.
• Layout — Fixed several problems with truncation, row height, and clipping in Custom Columns view.
• Localizations — Added Brazilian Portuguese and Korean. Please let us know if you come across any remaining localization omissions or problems!If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniFocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and make them more productive too.