Descriptions for Numbers 5.0
Release Date: March 28, 2018
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.apple.com/iwork/numbers/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/numbers/id409203825?mt=12
Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you’ll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
- With realtime collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
- Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
- Share your document publicly or with specific people
- You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
- View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
- Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
- Over 30 Appledesigned templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
- Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
- The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
- Quickly click through a spreadsheet using new tab navigation
- Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tabdelimited text
- Quickly open passwordprotected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
- Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the freeform canvas
- Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
- Create greatlooking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
- Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
- Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
- Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
- Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
- Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides, and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
- Choose from over 250 powerful functions
- Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
- Search the integrated function browser for builtin help and sample formulas
- Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
- Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
- Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
- Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
- Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
- Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
- Easily filter through large tables
- Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, popups, and star ratings
- Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
- Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
- Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share your work
- Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
- Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese, or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
What’s New in Numbers 5.0
- Collaborate in real time on spreadsheets stored in Box. Requires macOS High Sierra.
- Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way.
- Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos.
- Enhance spreadsheets with a variety of new editable shapes.
- Improved, customizable import of CSV and text data, with support for custom delimiters and fixedwidth files.
- Additional options for reducing the file size of spreadsheets.
- Full bidirectional support for Arabic and Hebrew.