Novation Bass Station v2.3 macOS
Novation launched the original Bass Station in 1993 and it became an instant favourite. Its digital oscillators and analogue filter defined countless dance and electronic hits of the 1990s. Now a classic, its available as a software plug-in that has been carefully modelled to recreate the distinctive analogue-digital character of the original.
- Two Oscillators that have been carefully modelled to preserve the precise tonal character of the classic sawtooth and square waveforms of the original instruments.
- 12/24 dB Lowpass filter with all the warmth and resonance often lacking in today’s modern digital synthesis methods.
- Intuitive ADSR envelopes.
- Low Frequency Oscillation which can directly control the harmonic content of the sound by pulse width modulation or filter cutoff.
- Oscillator Sync for the most complex and expressive timbres.
- Enhanced Classic panel for greater tweakability:
- The original front panel has been 3D modelled and additional controls have been added for ease of use. The Filter envelope has its own set of ADSR controls and OSC1 and OSC2 have their own section for pitch modulation and PWM control.
- All controls receive MIDI controller numbers for the recording and replay of tweaks during a performance.
- 100 “Stunning” Sounds carefully crafted from the Novation factory.
- The Bass Station PlugIn is shipped with the classic originals along with many more totaling 100 sounds for immediate gratification. The patches cover a huge sonic range from screaming leads to phatt funky basses.
- Sounds created in original Bass Stations can be uploaded into Plug In or viceversa.
- On screen dynamic velocity responsive keyboard. (Mouse position determines velocity).
Web Site: https://uk.novationmusic.com/software/bass-station
What’s New in Novation Bass Station 2.3
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.