Descriptions for Nicecast 1.11.12
Released: Sep 14th, 2017
Developer: Rogue Amoeba Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Includes: Keygen (CORE)
Web Site: http://www.rogueamoeba.com/
Minimalist looking and user-friendly application that helps you stream music over the Internet to listeners from different corners of the world
Rogue Amoeba Software's Nicecast offers a simple and practical solution for Mac users who want to create their own Internet radio station.
Helps you create private and public Internet radio stations
With Nicecast’s help you’ll be able to broadcast your music via the Internet and reach listeners from different locations with ease. You can even use Nicecast to listen to your iTunes music from remote locations.
Nicecast comes with a simple and clean interface that enables you to instantly stream your music with just a few clicks of a mouse button. From Nicecast’s main window you can check the broadcast state, adjust the sound volume and switch between different tabs.
Use one or multiple audio sources and split them between channels
The Source tab helps you select the application from which Nicecast should broadcast the audio. The Advanced Hijacking Options window enables you to add more than just a single audio input devices, such as microphones, mixers and other similar sources.
Moreover, Nicecast is also capable to split the sources between channels or limit the audio capture to any given device.
The Info panel allows you to name your radio station, write a short description, provide a web address and radio genre. You also have the option to display in the listener’s player the name of the artist, album and song title.
Mix in DJ commentary using various voiceover effects
By accessing the Quality slide panel, you can choose between different audio quality presets or create your own custom preset based on the speed of your Internet connection. Thus, you can change the bitrate, sample rate, number of audio channels and CPU usage and quality ratio.
On top of that, Nicecast comes with a long list of audio effects that you can combine mix and adjust in order to obtain the desired sound.
When you are happy with your settings and ready to broadcast you can use your local and Internet addresses and share them with your friends, family and other Internet users.
What’s new in Nicecast 1.11.12
- Major Enhancement: Instant On has been updated to version 8.4.4, with important crash fixes for MacOS 10.13 and many other improvements.
- Enhancement: The audio capture backend has been updated to be more robust, and this new style capture is now used by default when Instant On is installed. Users shouldn't notice any changes.
- Other: Nicecast now has preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra). We still recommend users stick with a fully supported version of MacOS for now.
- Other: Nicecast now requires MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher. If you're still on 10.9 (or lower), be sure to see our Legacy page.
- Other: Visual and reliability improvements have been made to our Extras installer window.
- Other: Nicecast now uses our new manual style, and the docs have been overhauled.