News Explorer 1.8.8
News Explorer is a full-featured yet easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
- News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
- Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
- Builtin high speed RSS and Atom engine.
- Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
- Enhanced support for YouTube feeds.
- Supports Podcast RSS feeds.
- Clean, stylish and distractionfree user interface.
- Article list with thumbnails, adjustable in size and alignment.
- Builtin browser for viewing inline links and other references.
- Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood.
- Font of the news article body and header are adjustable.
- Smart filters
- Read your news offline.
- Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easytoread format.
- Mark items as favorite for later reading.
- Navigate with one click to the original content.
- Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
- Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaperlike way.
- Full text search.
- Full keyboard navigation.
- Builtin image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
- Full window YouTube videos
- Builtin support to share news items with Instapaper and Pocket.
- Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and other sharing services.
- Add new RSS, Atom, JSON, Podcast and YouTube feeds directly from Safari, using the ‘Add to News Explorer’ share extension.
- Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the builtin search form.
- Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds.
- Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
- Group your subscriptions by using folders.
- Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using draganddrop.
- OPML import and export.
- Feed manager let you manage the feeds that should be displayed in the Notification Center.
- Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
- Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
- Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites.
- Support for enhanced arrow key navigation with auto expand and collapse of the sidebar and the builtin browser.
- With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
- App icon badge with unread items count.
STATE OF THE ART
- Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, ATOM and Twitter news feeds
- Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
- iCloud sync based on CloudKit
- Touch Bar
- Spotlight Search
- Handoff, pick up where you left off
- Notifications with images
- Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
- News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
- News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.2 or later 64 bit
Web Site: https://betamagic.nl/products/newsexplorer.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/news-explorer/id1032670789?mt=12
What’s New in News Explorer 1.8.8
- Behaviors preferences tab with lots of new useful settings
- Articles are now also searchable via Spotlight Search
- Strongly improved sidebar, with unread badges on folder level
- Sharper text in the inapp browser thanks to subpixel antialiasing
- Implemented Next and Previous menu items for articles, with short cuts J and K
- The feed icon can now be adjusted via feed context menu
- Inapp browser options like private inapp browsing
- Option to delete the inapp browser cache
- Support for opening YouTube video’s full window, in all feeds
- Support for the system sidebar icon size setting
- Option to cancel syncing when the apps is terminating
- Option to automatically limit ui updates during sync, based on CPU usage
- Option to block updates during feed downloads
- Option not to automatically focus the viewer when using the Enter key
- Timeline items can be opened with the spacebar, or with shift + spacebar, to open the Reader view
- Added a Folder Manager, accessible via the Window menu
- Support for opening bookmark links
- Improved resizing of the article list
- Enhanced correction of incorrectly encoded feeds
- Added support for feeds with dates with two digits year numbers
- Extended support for RDF feeds
- Feeds with too many white spaces in URLs are now also supported
- An activity indicator is now visible during the rendering of the Reader view
- Improved persistence of the last selected folder in the Add new feed dialog
- Feeds are now downloaded in order of type and last publication date
- Simplified the Mark as Read and Mark as Favorite context menus
- Handling of key presses in the inapp web browser has been extended, to prevent problems with input controls
- When there are more than 10 operations during closing of the app, the sync is canceled
- Animated change of global content filter
- Updated Readability engine
- Images in article viewer are now only using 100% width when the image is large enough
- Improved twitter setting, it shows now the correct status, even when there is no any twitter feed defined
- Removed support for force touch in the articles list and Timeline view
- Share menu will now try to share the current presented URL
- Fixed a printing issue which resulted sometimes in an empty output
- Solved a crash when exporting to PDF via the print dialog
- Fixed the ‘Download replies’ Twitter setting