Name: New File Here
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.6 or higher
- Optimized for Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
- Add Finder context menu extension for Yosemite (OS X 10.10)
Courtesy of C.O.R.E
New File Here adds a "New File Here" menu item to Finder's context menu, enabling you to create files easily in any location.
New File Here supports templates now! There are over 30 built-in file templates, and you can also add your own templates!
Creating a new document can be a drawn-out process sometimes. No matter what kind of document you would like to create, it usually takes ages to open the application and plough through the menus to create a new file.
New File Here saves you from the tedious steps by providing a shortcut to create files, simply right click on any folder/file and create your new file!
- Right click on any folder/file and select the "New File Here" or "Services -> New File Here" menu item to create a new file
- Drag an drop to create new file with the file panel
- Over 30 built-in file templates (please enable the templates you need in the Preferences)
- Custom templates are supported, New File Here is able to create virtually any kind of document now
- You can change the file name before creating a file
- Path extension is appended automatically
- A sound is played on file creation finish
- The newly created file is revealed in the Finder
- You can chose to open the newly created file automatically by turning on the "Open file on creation finish" in the Preferences
- You can add your own templates in the Preferences
- You can customize the app behavior in the Preferences
More info: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/new-file-here/id777221999?mt=12