Name: Net Radar
Version: 1.1 (MAS)
Release Date: August 05, 2017
Developer: Ron Elemans
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://betamagic.nl/products/netradar.html
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/net-radar/id1036406076?mt=12
Net Radar monitors the status of your VPN connection and shows the current geographical location of the public IP address of your Internet connection in the menu bar. Net Radar will warn you immediately when your connection is no longer private.
- Runs in the menu bar, showing the current geographical location of your Internet connection.
- The color of the displayed location indicates the status of your VPN connection.
- Clicking on the menu bar item will display an information popup.
- The popup shows your external IP address, the location of that address on a map and the status of your VPN connection.
- Can be automatically launched at startup of your Mac.
- Works with all types of remote VPN connections.
- Checks your VPN connection internally and externally.
- The type of warning can be configured to be a simple notification, a modal dialog, or as a popup.
- Does not interfere with your Internet connection or VPN setup.
- Includes a Setup Assistant that leads you through a few simple steps to set up Net Radar.
- Can also be used to just monitor the location of your public IP address, without VPN verifications.
Net Radar monitors the operational status of your VPN connection, based on system events and empirical data.
- Tested with OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec and IKEv2.
- Net Radar does not include a VPN service.
- Net Radar is not able to check whether your connection is encrypted or not.
- Net Radar is not able to detect IPv6 and DNS leaks.
What’s New in Version 1.1:
- Added support for IKEv2 VPN protocol.
- Compatibility improvements.