Nebulosity 4.2 macOS
Nebulosity is designed to be a powerful, but simple to use capture and processing application. A huge array of cameras are supported for capture and images from just about anything can be processed (support for many FITS formats, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, DSLR RAW files, etc). Its goal is to suit people ranging from the novice imager who wants to create his or her first images to the advanced imager who wants a convenient, flexible capture application for use in the field. In it, you get a host of purpose-built, powerful tools to make the most out of your images and imaging sessions.
- Atik legacy and modern (Mac support is spotty still as there are issues in Atik’s Mac library)
- Canon DIGIC II / III / 4 / 5 EOS DSLRs.
- Fishcamp Starfish
- Meade DSI, DSI Pro, DSI II, DSI II Pro, DSI III and DSI III Pro.
- QHY 8, 8L, 8Pro, 9, 10, 12
- QSI 500 / 600 series
- Starlight Xpress USB2 models (SXV / SXVF / SXVR / Lodestar / etc. including those converted to USB 2 via the SX adapter)
- ZWO ASI
In addition, on Windows, the following cameras are supported
- ASCOM5/6 compliant cameras
- Apogee cameras
- CCD Labs Q8HR / Q453, Q285M / QHY2 Pro
- FLI cameras
- Moriavian G2/G3 (v3 or higher firmware)
- Orion StarShoot DeepSpace Color Imager (original)
- OpticStar DS335 series, DS336C, DS615, DS616, DS142, DS145, and PL130
- SAC7 / SC1 longexposure modified webcams / Atik 1 and Atik 2 cameras.
* Earlier DIGIC I Canons (e.g. the 300D) are not supported. Also, for the DIGIC II cameras and even some DIGIC III cameras, Canon has declared them “unsupported” by their Software Development Kit. Most do continue to work, but it is not clear if this will change in the future and this does interact significantly with the OS you’re using (e.g., many if not all DIGIC II’s are not supported for capture on Windows 7/8 and others have issues in OS X 10.8.5 and higher). This is not something I can control and if you’re considering purchasing, please download the fully functional demo to ensure things work on your setup prior to purchasing.
** The Orion StarShoot II, Pro, and other current “deep space” ones are not supported directly but are supported via their ASCOM drivers. Their “Solar system” cameras can work (as they are similar to webcams), but keep in mind Nebulosity is designed for deep-space photography.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7-10.13
Web Site: http://www.stark-labs.com/nebulosity.html
What’s New in Nebulosity 4.2
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.