Movist is an easy-to-use and powerful movie player. You can choose QuickTime or FFmpeg as decoder for each video codec and reopen with other decoder instantly. Movist supports many useful features to enjoy movies including H.264 video decode acceleration, digital audio out (S/PDIF), high quality subtitles, full screen navigation, convenient & beautiful user interface and so on.
- Support for macOS 10.10+
- Macbook Pro TouchBar support
- A whole new user interface
- Internet video playback support
- You can play the video of the website on the show. It also supports subtitles, and you can also choose quality.
- We also offer Safari extensions for your convenience. Please see below for more details.
- Support for HEVC acceleration in macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- 10 bit video output support
- More accurate image color support
- QuickTime decoder support
- Support for selecting multiple video tracks
- You can select multiple video tracks. This is useful if you need to view several video tracks together, for example, if the front and rear images of a car black box are included as individual tracks in a single file.
- Hold down the Option key as you select additional tracks. Windows open separately for each track.
- Audio output device selection support
- Support various effects of ASS (.ass) subtitles
- Support for ruby effect of SAMI (.smi) subtitles
- PGS (.sup) subtitle support
- Supports multiple subtitle track selection
- You can select multiple subtitle tracks. This is useful if you want to see subtitles in multiple languages together.
- (However, positioned subtitles, such as ASS, PGS, and VobSub, can be overlaid at the same location)
- Also, if you select multiple video tracks, you can also select subtitles for each video window.
- Hold down the Option key as you select additional tracks.
- Support subtitle speaking
- Textbased subtitles are read aloud. You can adjust the volume and speed, and you can also speak and not show on the screen.
- Support thumbnail view of mouse position in navigation bar
- Search and sort support in playlists
- We excluded features that have not yet been implemented.
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://cocoable.tistory.com
What’s New in Movist 2.0.0b17
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.