Descriptions for The Infinite Kind Moneydance 2017.7.1.1671
Release Date: March 27, 2018
Developer: The Infinite Kind Limited
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: https://infinitekind.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/moneydance/id538911179?mt=12
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you’ll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed “envelope method” to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing “1.23 sta” will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category “Coffee”, today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you’re on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
What’s New in Moneydance 2017.7.1.1671
As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app and computer-to-computer syncing, and much more.
Moneydance 2017.7 brings further improvements including:
- Fix syncing bug that caused Moneydance to redownload changes since the last local save. This speeds up file loading, syncing, and prevents the data from jumping around shortly after launch
- Improved finding and filtering of similar previous transactions when showing match and merge options for unconfirmed downloaded transactions
- QIF file importer now uses a security’s relative base currency when importing security prices and has improved logic for when historical prices are imported or ignored in favor of more recent existing prices
- Fixed budget calculation of unbudgeted transactions when a category is budgeted in some but not all time periods
- Importing a security’s history in the current/historical price window now interprets prices based on the relative currency set
- Automatic updating of a security’s price from transaction entry now correctly translates from nonbase currency investment accounts
- API/model change to preserve more specific investment transaction types (buy, sell, div, divreinv, dirxfr, short, cover, etc instead of combining them into buy/sell, dividend, short/cover, etc)
- Add ability for security and currency histories to be manually imported with more flexible headers (including Alphavantage CSV files)
- Fixed bug that prevented wildcard imports of Moneydance classes from Python scripts
- Reenabled asyoutype price and amount updating when changing existing investment transactions
- Fixed connection problems with Fidelity Investments and Country Bank for Savings
- Fixed graphical glitch when collapsing or expanding subaccounts on the summary screen
- Suppress redundant pushes to mobile sync folder (and the resulting notifications, which alas are a bug that must be fixed on the Dropbox side)
- Fix layout of portfolio panel when returning to the portfolio view from a different view