|Created on||2019-02-14 18:35:29|
|Files||MKVToolNix-31.0.0.zip (28.98 MB)|
MKVtoolnix is a set of tools to create, alter, and inspect Matroska files under OS X, Linux and other Unices, and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Since May 1st 2003, the Matroska libraries themselves and my Matroska tools are officially released as a first public beta version. Although all of them are still under heavy development, I urge you to download the software, test it and report any errors you encounter to me. I’m always grateful for good bug reports because I miss so many mistakes and you guys normally find them. Your feedback is important to me 🙂
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later
Web Site: https://mkvtoolnix.download/index.html
What’s New in MKVToolNix 31.0.0
New features and enhancements:
- All programs: added a new option `abortonwarnings` that will cause the program to abort after it has emitted the first warning, similar to how it aborts after the first error. Implements #2493.
- Mkvmerge, mkvextract: when closing files that were opened for writing, cached data will not be flushed to storage automatically anymore. This reverts the workaround implemented for #2469. A new option was added to both programs (`flushonclose`) that reenables flushing for people who are affected by data loss such as described in #2469.
- The reason is that automatic flushing causes long delays in processing queues when the output by mkvmerge/mkvextract isn’t the final product but just an intermediate result to be processed further.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the dialog previewing different character sets for text subtitles will now keep the position of the displayed text when switching between character sets. Implements #2489.
- Mkvmerge: AVI reader: using DV type 1 AVIs will now result in an unsupported file type being reported (as the underlying AVI library doesn’t support them) instead of crashing mkvmerge. Fixes #2491.
- Mkvmerge: HEVC: the height of interlaced streams will now be set correctly to the height of the full frame instead of the height of a single interlaced field. Fixes #2446.
- Mkvmerge: MP4 reader: edit lists consisting solely of elements that mkvmerge doesn’t support (such as dwells) are simply ignored. Before no data was read for such tracks at all. Fixes #2487.
- Mkvmerge: text subtitles: entries with an explicit duration of 0ms will now be handled correctly: the 0ms duration will be stored in Matroska instead of the difference between the current and the following entry. Fixes #2490.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, chapter editor: fixed drag & drop handling with Qt 5.12.0 and newer. Fixes #2472.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the GUI did not clean up temporary files created when running `mkvmerge`. Fixes #2499.
Build system changes:
- Qt 5.4.0 or newer has required (up from 5.3.0) since version 30.0.0; I just forgot to include this entry.