Name: Mira for Mac
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.7 or later
– Mac with USB
– Apple Remote
– Supported IR Receiver (Manta Mini, Manta TR1, Apple Built-in, Keyspan DMR, or (some) eHome/MCE)
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: https://twistedmelon.com/mira/
With Mira, you can free yourself from the keyboard to streamline your activities. Take control of yor music from across the room, flip through a presentation in front of an audience, or sit back and relax with a movie. Uses for the Apple Remote are limited only by your imagination.
Mira includes built-in support for over 100 applications, new ones can be given their own specific actions in a few seconds with virtually no learning curve and no additional software or plugins to download or install. The Apple Remote can be used on any Mac using Mira and a supported IR receiver like Twisted Melon’s Manta Mini. It automatically detects which application is running and matches it with the correct personal settings. If you know how to use your favorite applications with a keyboard, you can make them work with the Apple Remote.
- A versatile (and giant) Launch Menu, that you can see across the room, lets you decide what appears inside it and what it should look like.
- DuoPress Actions supporting short and long press of every button on the Apple Remote for two times the control possibilities. It also supports different actions depending on application state (e.g., DVD Player menu vs. playback)
- Keystroke sending to foreground or any specific application, transparent AppleScript launching, special system commands including volume control and more actions to give you truly “Personal Control.”
What’s New in Mira 1.5.0b2
- Support for our Manta Pico miniature IR receiver
- Global Display Sleep/Wake actions (inside the DuoPress action menu)
- Support for mpv media player from mpv.io
- Support for Capture One Pro 9 from Phase One
- Revised Global profile
- Revised iTunes profile
- Revised Plex support
- Minor Preference Pane layout revisions