Keeping complex documents in order is not an easy task, especially if you need to include various tables, lists, images, footnotes, references and much more. Mellel is a powerful word processor that comes with an Outline tool designed to help you manage your document in an efficient manner.
Classic text editing tools and outline tool for easy document navigation
To get you started, Mellel provides a collection of document templates organized by type: default (portrait with white / blue / yellow background, landscape, letter or letter landscape), letter, envelope, resume, form, newsletter, certificate and other. Simply select the document type and start editing.
Mellel includes all the classic text editing tools and its interface is organized in a manner familiar to anyone that has used a text processor before. However, to avoid cluttering its main window, Mellel is providing the Attributes and styles customization options in a separate panel.
If you are dealing with large documents, enabling the Outline panel can prove to be extremely beneficial: here you can view the project’s structure and quickly jump to specific areas.
Advanced tools for writing and wrapping text around images
Mellel enables you to attach footnotes and endnotes, to add reference notes anywhere you like, to include headings and titles or to manage the document bibliography, the used citations and more.
Other useful capabilities include the possibility to create a Table of Contents and to count the elements included in the project in a very organized manner. You are able to specify exactly what should be counted: words, images, citations, tables, footnotes and more.
Of course, Mellel offers you the possibility to include images and graphics into your projects but that does not mean that the document flow is interrupted: you get to wrap text around them and make everything look very natural.
Full-featured Mac word processor for highly documented projects
In addition, the Mellel app can also be successfully used to process small documents and the predefined templates will also further simplify your work.
However, Mellel’s advanced capabilities will prove to be extremely useful if you need to manage large documents that have a large bibliography and include multiple references, citations, footnotes and so on.
What’s New in Mellel 4.1.2
- Rewritten “Attributes Replace” to scan all parts of the document (Autotitle setup, notes, style set), dig inside headers/footers and inside document styles
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to fail to save and crash with documents containing an empty string for “see” or “see also” in the index
- Fixed an issue that caused PDF export to an external disk to produce PDF documents without a table of contents
- Fixed an issue that caused small caps to be applied on the whole final citation when doing a bibliography scan if the format specifies small caps at the beginning of the final citation
- Fixed an issue that caused comments to be cut off when printing while annotation pane is visible
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash and behave erratically when using “fit width/page” zoom in Hebrew interface
- Some adjustments and improvements to the way sizing of table views (Outline, Index etc) is handled relative to the scroll view scrollers
- Removing forcing of “txt” file extension when exporting to plain text, allows to set any extension
- Using the current selection as a starting point for a citation when inserting a citation manually
- Many revisions and corrections to the Hebrew UI, Correct RTL interface in Hebrew localisations for Story Pane, Index Pane, Preferences, “Welcome to Mellel” window and template browser
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Some misc bug fixes