Name: Mellel 4
Release Date: October 02, 2017
Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.mellel.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/mellel-4/id1251731073?mt=12
POWER THAT GETS THE JOB DONE
Serious writers use Mellel. It’s built to handle all long-form written works, whether novel or manuscript, thesis or newsletter. It supports you throughout your entire writing process. Outline, write, edit, style, and format your works for professional print in one software, in one environment. Easily. Quickly. So you can concentrate on what’s truly important: writing.
— Take control of your styles.
— Use your styles sets from one document to another.
— Depend on its reliability. Mellel doesn’t crash. Create beautiful documents consistently.
— Save time and hassle. It does automatically what other writing apps make you do manually.
GET STARTED. VIEW OUR TUTORIALS
We have over 70 tutorials that can guide you through Mellel — from the simplest to the most advanced features. View them on www.mellel.com.
Tools Update In Real Time
• Auto-titles let you organize your document easily
• Dynamic cross-references that update automatically
• Unprecedentedly powerful and easy-to-use indexing tool
• Citations and Live Bibliography update as you write
• Generate Tables of Contents with ease and control
Create Beautiful and Consistent Documents
• Consistent and clear styles
• Flow text around images and text boxes
• Create sections, columns, and tables
• Reuse your styles across different documents
• Most advanced find and replace tool
• Smart Regular Expressions-like language
• Run hundreds of saved Find Actions at once
• Smart paragraph spacing, hyphenation, and keep options
• Visually design your page styles
• Create titles with multiple parts and styles
• Flexible and advanced character styles with 8 style variations
• Copy and paste text and attributes, together or separately
Manage and Organize
• Outline pane gives you bird’s eye view of entire structure
• Move entire sections with a click in the Outline
• Create your plot via the Story pane, add events, characters and locations
• Keep track of changes with tracked changes and comments
• Eradicate “gremlin” styles with Style Replace
Compatibility and Collaboration
• Import & Exports DOC, RTF and TXT documents
• Exports PDFs with live links, linked indexes, cross references, and Tables of Contents
• Supports all image formats (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, and more)
• Save and open to and from the cloud, and to Mellel’s iOS version
What’s New in Version 4.0:
• The Most advanced Index tool, saving 50 percent of index creation time
• Massively revised Outline pane enables you to structure your document without removing your hands from your keyboard. Add comments, tags, and markers
• Organize your narrative with the Story Pane. Navigate your plot, attach characters, locations, images, and more
• Enjoy a refreshed UI and many new features and enhancements
• Bugs were fixed
What’s New in Mellel 4.0.2
• Fixed a bug that caused Mellel to crash or misbehave when perfomring bibliographical scans
(Improvements in Mellel 4.0.1)
• Updated localisations
• Updated user guide
• Fixed typo (Autotitiles->Autotitles) in The auto-title pane blocker view
• Fixed an issue that caused the symbols & numbers group heading fields not to appear correctly according to the numbers & symbols grouping setting in “Edit Index Attributes” window
• Matched order of side pane items in View menu and side pane
• Fixed spelling Seperate -> Separate in Edit Index attributes and Index style editor
• Changed “Show Comments” to “Show Remarks” in outline context menu
• Fixed many issues under 10.6, including missing palettes, misbehaving side pane
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when displaying a text box or an image with a frame with rounded corners in mac os 10.8 and previous versions
• Fixed an issue that cased Mellel to hang and behave oddly when opening documents with list that had old style (pre 4.0) level overrides specifying only character style variation.
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when switching autotitle setups while still editing a tag flow that will be deleted as a result of the operation
• Fixed an issue that caused final citation order to become mangled for citations in notes referenced from a single table cell.
• Fixed an issue that caused bad rendering of references inside notes
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when choosing “Capture selection from screen” from context menu while editing a comment.
• Some performance improvements to find/replace application
• Improved appearance for preferences toolbar with some localisations
• Fixed an issue that caused the Mellel 4 trial day counter to go to zero after migrating an older Mellel 3 installation settings.
• Fixed an issue that caused the “13” entry in the font size popup to be replaced by whatever “other” value a user enters in some circumstances.
• Fixed problem that caused the left border of the “Characters” field in a story point on the side pane not to be drawn on some systems
• Fixed a bug that caused added characters and locations not to be saved in a story point when document is saved and closed right after adding while creating a story point or location.
• Disabling virtual target popup when there are no virtual targets available in bookmark popover and edit cell
• Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to turn on the discrete GPU (higher energy consumption) when launched
• Fixed an issue that caused the “mention” popup in edit page style (header/footer editor) to be empty.
• Fixed an issue that caused the placeholder “title” element for mentions to become chopped in header/footer editor in page style editor.
• Fixed shortcut for soft hyphen in french localisation