The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
MarsEdit is the best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
FREE Download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you’re ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browserbased problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don’t want to mess around with clunky webbased interfaces. If you’re lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text “WYSIWYG” that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or handtune the HTML in a syntaxhighlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a livepreview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.red-sweater.com
What’s New in MarsEdit 4.3.1
Version 4.3.1 includes a few bug fixes:
- Fix a crash when a blog has a favicon that cannot be rendered
- Fix a crash when opening some posts from Nifty Cocolog blogs
- Fix a visual glitch in the Find/Replace panel
- Fix a bug that prevented system highlight color from applying to Rich Text in Dark Mode
The recent 4.3 update contains a number of improvements to MarsEdit’s media handling and general usability:
** Improvements to handling of uploaded GIF images
- Support resizing animated GIFs while preserving animation
- Fix a bug that caused some GIF images to be uploaded as empty files
- Fix a bug where GIF images uploaded to Tumblr blogs were converted to PNG format
** Interface improvements
- Refine Dark Mode support in the Media Manager
- Fix a bug that prevented a visual divider line from appearing in Media Manager
- Change the “New Category” placeholder text to a subtler style
- Improve status messages when refreshing blog
- Revised Preferences layout to unify General and Editing into single “General” tab
** Other improvements
- Fix a crash that could occur when undoing after “Restore Default” in the Quick Posts template editor
- Fix the size of preview window content to match what is seen in web browsers
- Fix a missing image MarsEdit Help in Text Filters documentation
- Support new Micro.blog distinction between created and modified dates on posts
- Fix a bug that could cause additional image markup to be entered when adding a photo to a Tumblr post