The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
FREE Download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you’re ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browserbased problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don’t want to mess around with clunky webbased interfaces. If you’re lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text “WYSIWYG” that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or handtune the HTML in a syntaxhighlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a livepreview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with macOS 10.12 or higher.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.red-sweater.com
What’s New in MarsEdit 4.1
MarsEdit 4.1 is a significant update focusing primarily on improvements to the handling of image media, but also including a number of other important improvements.
* Media improvements *
- New options for image metadata to preserve, remove, or remove only locationspecific GPS data
- Now supports direct dragging of images from Photos.app
- Color profile can now be either preserved or converted to sRGB automatically
- Fix a bug that caused some CMYK profile images to not be rotated as expected
- Performance improvements for users with large numbers of previously uploaded images
- Preload media manager contents at launch time to avoid performance hit when opening it up
* Bug fixes *
- Fix a bug that caused featured image to be removed from posts when preview filter was applied
- Fix a bug that prevented the “New Post” item from being enabled in the main window contextual menu
- Fix “Copy Published Link” from the main window when a post is selected but post list not focused
- Fix Preview Template autodownloading for Micro.blog and other MetaWeblog API blogs
- Fix a crash that could occur when interacting with the Formatting Macro editor window after closing a post editor
- Fix a bug that could prevent Google OAuth tokens from being redacted in the Network Log
- Fix a bug that caused “more” tags and other comments to be stripped from posts in some cases
- Fix a bug where the full temporary path of an image was shown in the user notification
* Other things *
- Add a “Remove Link” item to the Rich Text contextual menu
- Don’t warn about editing mode switches if the editor is empty
- Handle clicks on “mailto” links in the Preview Window for posts that happen to have them