Descriptions for Markster 2.5.7
Release Date: 21 Mar 2018
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.sheepsystems.com/products/markster.html
Markster keeps your internet bookmarks in a central store. People use Markster because either:
- The internal bookmarks facilities (Bookmarks Bar, Bookmarks Menu, Favorites Bar, etc.) in their web browser(s) do not meet their feature expectations.
- They use more than one web browser, and prefer to keep all their bookmarks in a separate app, independent of the web browsers, instead of syncing the browsers’ internal bookmarks facilities together.
When Markster users want to visit a bookmark they have previously stored, or add a new bookmark, instead of reaching for the Bookmarks Bar or Bookmarks Menu in the browser, they bring up Markster’s Floating Menu. Markster provides three ways to do that:
- Global Keyboard Shortcut, for example Cmd-Shift-D.
- Dock Menu
- Status Menulet (right side of Menu Bar)
The keyboard shortcut and/or status menulet are enable/disabled in Markster’s preferences.
What’s New in Markster 2.5.7
- Exports to Safari now reliably push into iCloud again for all users of macOS 10.12.6.
- After exporting to Safari in some macOS user accounts, when iCloud:Safari syncing is off, no longer displays false warning that macOS indicated trouble while pushing your bookmarks export into iCloud.