Marked 2 is a previewer (not an editor) for Markdown, MultiMarkdown and other text markup languages. It updates live every time you save your document in your favorite text editor, comes with writing analysis tools, and is powerfully flexible.
See what’s new: http://marked2app.com/help/Whats_New.html
Marked provides document navigation and statistics, proofreading tools, multiple export formats, and much more. Marked comes with 9 preview styles built in (including GitHub), and you can add unlimited custom styles of your own.
GitHub users will appreciate Marked’s built in GitHub Flavored Markdown processor, capable of handling fenced code blocks, line break preservation and automatic hyperlinking.
Marked is powerful enough to allow custom processors (shell scripts) before and after rendering. You can even take over the rendering tasks to incorporate non-Markdown languages.
Marked works with Scrivener, Ulysses, MarsEdit, and other third-party apps, allowing you to use Markdown and see beautiful previews just about anywhere.
See the video tutorials! http://bit.ly/1riW0IK
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://marked2app.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/marked-2/id890031187?mt=12
What’s New in Marked 2.5.23
- Keyboard shortcut x,c will clear the currentlyfocused bookmark
- Option to syntax highlight only fenced code blocks with a language specified
- URL Handler can add new Custom Styles directly from files
- Provide suggestions for Use Alternate errors when highlighting (with default Plain English Campaign word list items only)
- Overall efficiency
- Updated “Avoid” and “Use Alternate” default word lists (Keyword Highlighting and Proofing)
- Bookmarks and collapsible sections play nice together
- Outline mode styling fixed and max depth increased
- Handle Highlandspecific text directives
- Allow Highland files to be Markdown instead of Fountain
- Collapsing sections causes display errors with highlighted code blocks
- CmdD and backtick will now both set a new bookmark at the first available position
- MindNode 5 integration handles both single file and package formats
- First H1 cut off when exporting Amblin
- Edit marker moved right when spellcheck displays error for element
- IA Block syntax renders inside fenced code blocks
- Black text on black background in Additional CSS and Advanced Mathjax Config popups
- MindNode not updating with “single file” format
- Fenced code breaking in included files
- Fullscreen TOC (sidebar) overlapping in Manuscript style