Descriptions for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E99)
Name: macOS High Sierra
Release Date: March 30, 2018
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.8 or later
Web Site: https://www.apple.com/macos/high-sierra/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12
New technologies at the heart of the system make your Mac more reliable, capable, and responsive — and lay the foundation for future innovations. macOS High Sierra also refines the features and apps you use every day. It’s macOS at its highest level yet.
Easily organize, edit and view your photos in Photos.
- Make short videos from your Live Photos using new Loop and Bounce effects.
- Easily locate and organize your content with the new sidebar.
- Conveniently access all of your editing tools in the redesigned Edit View.
- Finetune color and contrast in your photos with new Curves and Selective Color tools.
- Access thirdparty apps directly from Photos and save the edited images back to your Photos library.
- Rediscover images from your library with new Memories themes including pets, weddings, outdoor activities, and more.
- Create printed photo products and more using new thirdparty project extensions.
Improve your browsing experience with Safari.
- Stop web video with audio from playing automatically.
- Prevent websites and ad networks from tracking your browsing with Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Customize your browsing experience with new persite settings for Reader, page zoom, content blockers, and more.
Enjoy refinements in Mail.
- Instantly find the messages most relevant to your search using Top Hits.
- Use Split View when composing new email in full screen.
- Save space on your Mac with compressed messages.
Look up flight information in Spotlight.
- Check the status of a flight by typing the airline and flight number in the Spotlight search field.
Collect your thoughts with Notes.
- Organize your information using configurable tables.
- Pin your favorite notes so they’re always at the top of the list.
Capture a moment in FaceTime.
- Take a Live Photo during a video call to any supported Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
Get music suggestions from a more natural-sounding Siri.
- Hear more variations in intonation, emphasis, and tempo when Siri responds to you.
- Enjoy personalized music recommendations from Siri when you listen to Apple Music.
Copy and paste files from one Mac to another with Universal Clipboard.
- Copy and paste files between your Macs using standard copy and paste commands.
Safely store your family data in iCloud.
- Share a single iCloud storage plan with your family and keep everyone’s data backed up and safely stored.
- Set up your family with a few clicks and add capabilities when needed.
Work together with iCloud Drive.
- Share and work on any file in iCloud Drive with other people so it is always be up to date with the latest edits.
Upgrade the performance, reliability, and security of your Mac with the new Apple File System.
- Update to a new file system architecture designed for allflash Macs.
- Experience greater responsiveness when performing common tasks like duplicating a file and finding the size of a folder.
- Enjoy faster and more reliable backups.
- Protect your entire drive with builtin native encryption for greater security.
Step up to the new standard for 4K video: HEVC.
- Create and watch highresolution video with High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), which uses up to 40 percent less space without sacrificing quality.
Enjoy next-generation graphics and computation with Metal 2.
- Get the most out of the graphics capabilities of your Mac with the new and improved version of Metal.
- Discover immersive tools for content creation with support for virtual reality.
- Build stateoftheart apps with features that accelerate common machine learning functions.
Some features may not be available in all regions or all languages. Some features require an iCloud storage plan. Some features have hardware requirements. Apple File System requires all-flash internal storage.
What’s New in macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E99)
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac.
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the U.S.
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs)
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro
- Allows jumping to the rightmost open tab using Command+9 in Safari
- Enables sorting Safari bookmarks by name or URL by right clicking and choosing ‘Sort By…’
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on nonencrypted web pages
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information