Descriptions for Description
Name: MacFamilyTree 8
Release Date: May 18, 2016
Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
Developer: Synium Software GmbH
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10.0 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT Team
More information: http://www.syniumsoftware.com/macfamilytree
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/macfamilytree-8/id1037755919?mt=12
◆ Welcome MacFamilyTree 8 Discount! 50% Upgrade Pricing for everyone until July, 17th- no matter if you own a previous version or not ◆
MacFamilyTree 8 gives genealogy a facelift: modern, interactive, convenient and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way generations of chroniclers before you would have loved to do. MacFamilyTree helps you capture your family history and turns data and facts into conclusive reports and visually impressive charts.
MacFamilyTree 8 offers numerous options for you to capture and visualize your family history. Now matter how you want to illustrate your family relationships – MacFamilyTree 8 has the right solution for you, offering different types of reports, charts or the innovative Virtual Tree 3D view.
Your possibilities are nearly endless – optionally synchronize your data via iCloud, access a huge genealogical online archive to assist your research, create websites and family books or do your research on the go with MobileFamilyTree 8, available separately for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
MacFamilyTree 8 Overview:
- well-structured, fast and easy-to-use user interface
- the new Interactive Family Tree: Lets you navigate your entire family tree, view all persons and families, and add persons directly
- FamilySearch: Doing extensive research has never been more convenient- access the world's biggest genealogical archive with several billions of person and family records from the comfort your home.
- Genealogical research developed specifically for OS X in order to harness cutting-edge Apple technologies for optimized application performance
Display your family tree: Charts, reports, views, and lists
- Numerous chart and view options, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Name Distribution (by first and last names), Statics Maps (based on Apple Maps), Fan Chart, Kinship Chart, Genogram or Globe
- Numerous report options, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places List, Events List, Special Features Report, Person Analysis, Anniversaries, Person Lists, Marriage Lists, Plausibility Report, Source List, Task List, Map Report, Descendant Report, and more.
- Use the Virtual Globe feature to see how your family has spread across the globe in the course of time
- The MacFamilyTree 8 Virtual Tree shows your family history from an entirely new perspective- a 3D perspective!
- Full retina support. The user interface and all charts and views support high-resolution screens for optimized display quality
Research and publish
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with your relatives or millions of other users or browse billions of person entries, which you can download directly into your family tree.
- Publish your family tree free of charge at MacFamilyTree.com – optional password protection available.
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save your videos or audio footage along with your notes
- All charts and reports may be shared directly from within MacFamilyTree via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook.
- The Family Quiz: Find out just how well you know your family tree
.... and so much more!
Whats new in MacFamilyTree 8:
MacFamilyTree 8 is the most comprehensive update we ever shipped. Besides the new interactive tree and the introduction of Smart Filters, we completely redeveloped the user interface. In addition MacFamilyTree 8 offers hundreds of detail improvements and enhancements. Check out syniumsoftware.com to learn more.
What's New in Version 8.0.1:
- Several GEDCOM issues fixed
- Place coordinate data is now correctly imported from GEDCOM files
- Backup Manager now works correctly on MacBook Air 11"
- Errors in the Descendancy Report corrected
- Performance of several database maintenance functions improved
- Bug saving the Fan Chart as a PNG file corrected
- Shadows in the Interactive Tree can now be disabled