Descriptions for Description
Name: Mac OS X El Capitan
Version: 10.11.1 (15B42) InstallESD
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.6.8 or later
Untouched InstallESD.dmg file from the full 10.11.1 (Build 15B42) installer.
"Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg"
Can be made into a bootable usb drive with DiskMaker X or createinstallmedia
Release Date: October 21, 2015
What's New in Version 10.11.1
The OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac
• Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
• Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
• Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
• Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
• Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
• Improves VoiceOver reliability
• Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
Build Versions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201260
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-el-capitan/id1018109117?mt=12
More Info: http://www.apple.com/osx/
OS X El Capitan, the latest version of the Mac operating system, builds on the groundbreaking features and beautiful design introduced in OS X Yosemite, refining the experience and improving performance in lots of ways that you’ll enjoy everyday.
Make the most of your screen with Split View.
• Focus on two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
Take control of your desktop with Mission Control.
• View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
• Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter search in Spotlight.
• Search for weather, stocks, sports, web video, and transit information right in Spotlight.
• Use your own words to search for files on your Mac, like “Documents I edited yesterday.”
• Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy improvements in Mail.
• Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
• Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your messages to help you keep your Contacts and Calendar organized.
• An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A simple and powerful all-new Notes app.
• Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
• Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links, and map locations.
• Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
• Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
• Create notes on your Mac and they’ll automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
• Photos automatically organizes your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
• Access your library on all your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
• Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions, and keywords.
• Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title, and more.
• Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better surfing in Safari.
• Keep your favorite websites open, up to date, and easily accessible with Pinned Sites.
• Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
• Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, now with Transit view.
• See transit lines and stations for select cities, including subway, train, bus, and ferry routes.
• Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
• Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
• Designed for Retina displays, beautiful system font San Francisco is crisp, clear and space efficient.
• PingFang (苹方), the new Chinese system font, is designed for crisp readability in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
• Hiragana Sans, the Japanese system font, now features additional weights.
• Four new Japanese fonts let you add a personal touch to documents and presentations.
Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
• Type Chinese more quickly with an improved character prediction engine and a smarter candidate window.
• Write multiple Chinese characters using the trackpad and the new, roomier Trackpad window.
• Live conversion automatically transforms Hiragana into written Japanese as you type.
Faster graphics with Metal.
• Enjoy faster, more efficient system-level graphics rendering.
• Experience a richer, more immersive gaming experience.
• Create content more quickly with accelerated high-performance apps.
Snappier performance for everyday tasks.
• Launch apps and switch between them more quickly.
• Access email and render PDFs more quickly.