Descriptions for NewTek LightWave 3D 2018.0.1
Version: 2018 Build 2018.0.1
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7.5 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.newtek.com/
A powerful 3D animation toolkit that offers you the possibility to create and render amazing 3D models by using streamlined workflows.
LightWave is a streamlined macOS application that comes packed with efficient tools for creating and animating 3D models. The utility is a complete end-to-end solution that includes all that you might need within the software package, without any extra cost.
Design your own 3D models by making use of intuitive tools
LightWave enables you to start your production pipeline by using basic but highly efficient polygonal modeling tools for creating models: as a result, your end product will have a strong base.
Moreover, LightWave enables you to deal with the surfacing details by using layer based tools, or by making use of the nodal system function. The best part is that you can combine the two surfacing modes, hence achieve complex results in a short time span.
Animate your 3D models and give them realistic effects
Stepping forward to animation, LightWave integrates flexible rigging tools that enable you to setup an automatic joint influence system: this way you can avoid spending time weight mapping your 3D model. Of course, you can choose to manually perform the action and gain more control over your project.
What’s more, LightWave also includes keyframe, nodal or procedural animation tools that offer you the possibility to manipulate your models and define their motion. The built-in Endomorphs blend-shape system helps you deal with facial animation.
The animations dynamics are rendered by the Bullet open source physics engine, Hypervoxels offers you the possibility to create volumetric visual effects, ParticleFX is focused on rendering particles, FiverFX is capable to give a realistic effect to hair or other fiber type elements, while the flocking system can be used for coordinated motion.
Powerful 3D modeler featuring efficient tools and an intuitive workflow
LightWave packs a collection of powerful 3D modeling and rendering tools that can help you design high quality, complex animations without wasting time. The app can deal with the entire production pipeline, and can combine automatic functions with the versatility of manual control.
What’s new in LightWave 2018 Build 2018.0.1
- Physically Based Rendering System: Completely rewritten rendering, shading and lighting architecture for greater realism, accuracy and ease-of-use.
- Render and Light Buffers: Expanded workflow for render and light buffers that simplifies compositing and offers more flexibility, including real-time preview of new buffers in any viewport using VPR, as well as custom buffers using the node editor.
- Volumetric Engine and Open VDB Support: Using the new volumetric render primitives, artists can specify physically based properties, Scattering, Absorption and Emission parameters, along with powerful node networks
- Light Capabilities: New lighting architecture brings physical lights that can be optionally visible to the camera, and improved loading of IES web files to better match the intensity of real manufactured lights.
- Surface Editor, Material Nodes and Surface Preview: The Surface Editor has been overhauled for the new shading system with powerful node-based materials that are presented with a familiar interface.
- Virtual Reality Camera: Includes both cylindrical and spherical modes for creating stereo 360-degree renders and animations for VR applications
- Modifier Stack with New Deformation Nodes: Unlocks and simplifies the previously fixed order of operations for Bones, Morphs, Subdivision and Displacements with the ability to drag and drop to re-order mesh deformations interactively.
- Cel Shader and Enhanced Edge Rendering: Offers flexible non photoreal render control over material shading and allows gradient-based cel shading, while Edge Rendering uses any material available in the Surface Editor to shade any line.
- More Integrated FiberFX:Expanded to integrated closely with the new lighting and shading system and can use any material on the fibers. Fibers are now generated using the new primitive object architecture
- Layout-based Parametric Shapes: Parametric shapes allow for creation of virtual primitive shapes in Layout that can be displaced, surfaced and rendered without needing any geometry.
- Noise Reduction Filter: Speeds up render times by using less Global Illumination rays and samples, while allowing for clean up of the resulting noise using filters instead of increased render settings.
- New Modeler Features: Layout View viewport shows the current camera view from Layout. Also new are fully interactive tools including Lattice, Smoothing, Array and Spline Bridge.
- Additionally, LightWave 2018 includes new enhancements to the Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) and introduces many additional new features and improvements such UDIM texture support, more supported presets, FiberFX, Unity 5 support, and more.