Descriptions for LaunchControl 1.39 (1092)
Version: 1.39 Build 1092
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.7 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.soma-zone.com/LaunchControl/
A user friendly graphical user interface for the Launchd service management framework that enables you to manage system and user services with ease
The launchd service management framework is designed to launch, stop, and manage the processes, apps, agents and daemons that are running on an Apple computer.
LaunchControl is an easy to use Mac app that provides a stylish and organized GUI and allows you to take advantage of the framework’s capabilities in a more streamlined manner.
Visualize the services running on your Mac and instantly identify the invalid processes
Upon launch, LaunchControl scans your system and identifies the user, system, or global agents and daemons. The app sorts them by category and you can select the one you want to browse from a drop down menu (you might need to provide the admin passkey).
The LaunchControl main window is organized in three main areas: a left side panel where you can view a list of the running services, a right side panel where you can browse the app’s collection of keys that can be added to documents, and the center section where you can visualize the configurations key content.
Filter, disable or downright delete services that you don’t need and create new ones
LaunchControl offers you the possibility to visualize the content of the launchd configuration keys, and even offers you the possibility to edit their content. The application is providing support for most launchd functions, and even enables you to edit the configuration keys in expert mode.
However, if the key does not work properly, simply disable the service, or remove it completely. Note that LaunchControl does not stop the process instantly, but it will remove it from the jobs list the next time your launch your system.
User friendly graphical interface for the launchd framework sporting intuitive management and editing capabilities
LaunchControl offers you the possibility to quickly identify the launchd configuration keys that are not working properly, and enables you to edit, disable, or simply delete them. Moreover, the app includes a collection of over 30 different configuration keys that you can easily add to your services via simple drag and drop actions.
What’s new in LaunchControl 1.39 Build 1092
- Warn about use of KeepAlive/OtherJobActive on macOS Yosemite and later
- Job filter and job search now optionally support regular expressions (Thanks, Sergei!)
- JobWatch: A background process watching for changes to launchd jobs. Changes are announced via Notification Center. JobWatch has to be enabled in the LaunchControl Preferences. It requires OSX 10.8 or newer.
- QuickLaunch would sometimes not work properly for Daemons (Thanks, Roberto!)
- Action Go To Job for KeepAlive subkeys OtherJobEnabled and OtherJobsActive would sometimes not work
- Crash on action Go To Job for KeepAlive subkeys OtherJobEnabled and OtherJobsActive
- Keyboard shortcut conflict: 竚倪㌃T was sometimes used by View>Show Tab Bar in addition to Job>Start Job
- Removed obsolete menu items from View menu