Name: Kite Compositor for Mac
Release Date: 30 Aug 2017
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:macOS 10.12 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://kiteapp.co/
- Timeline – The integrated smart timeline allows you to drag and edit animation durations and keyframes. Snap animation start and end times together for a precise, hand-tuned feel.
- Inspector – A robust and powerful object inspector allows you to edit all of your layers’ properties in just a few clicks. Set colors, ajust animation curves, add CoreImage filters – all at the click of a mouse.
- Library – Drag-and-drop layers and animations from the library to build your interface visually. Save reuseable layer hierarchies into your library for easy component reuse.
- Design on Mac, View on iOS – Are you ready to get a sense of how your designs feel on an actual iOS device? Download the native companion app, Kite Compositor for iOS.
- Import from Sketch – Easily import your designs from Sketch with Kite’s native import feature. Preserve editable bezier paths and text by importing your Sketch layers as native Kite layers.
- Export – Share your designs by exporting a movie or gif recording of your animation.
- Built on CoreAnimation – Kite was built from the ground up for Mac using macOS’s native CoreAnimation technology. CoreAnimation is one of the key underpinning graphics technologies on Mac and iOS that produces stunning animations at high framerates.
What’s New in Kite Compositor 1.6
- [Changed] The layer guide snapping system was revamped to be more responsive and accurate when dragging large layer trees.
- [Changed] When grouping layers, the new parent layer now does not have a background color or border color set.
- [Changed] When pasting animations onto a layer, the animations will paste with the ‘beginTime’ they had at the time of copy – not at the current scrub time (To paste at the current scrub time, hold ⌥ Option when pasting)
- [Changed] The layer list saves and restores the expanded state of the layer
- [Changed] Added a preference to alternate the background color of the layer list rows
- [Changed] Added a button to the geometry inspector to lock the aspect ratio of a layer
- [Fixed] Fixes bug where generating code for a keyframe animation that was animating CAGradientLayer’s ‘colors’ (or any array) property would not produce the correct output code