Descriptions for Keep It 1.0
Name: Keep It
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: macOS 10.12 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://reinventedsoftware.com/keepit/
Keep It is for writing notes, keeping web links and documents, and finding them again. Available on Mac, and as a separate app for iPhone and iPad, Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Notes and Links
Create notes with built-in styles that look good and read well on all your devices. Notes can contain checklists, bulleted and numbered lists, images, links and other attachments.
Save Web Links
Save web links to Keep It, view them in the app, open them in your browser, or save them as PDFs for offline reading.
Any kind of file can be added to Keep It or saved to its folders, and opened for editing in their original applications. With iCloud, changes are automatically made available across all your Macs and iOS devices.
Preview and Edit
Keep It generates thumbnails and summaries for most files, can edit its own notes, rich and plain text files, and show previews for PDFs, images, web pages and most other documents.
Search and Filter
Keep It can search the content of most files. Suggestions appear as you type, allowing you to narrow down results to exactly what you need, or use keywords and natural language. Save searches for later reuse.
Keep It’s Tag Filter makes finding things by their tags a pleasure. Choose a tag to see all the tagged items and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further.
Folders let you organize items and bundles hierarchically, when needed. Select a folder to see everything it contains.
When you need to gather things into one place, make a bundle. Items can be in more than one bundle at a time, and when you remove the bundle, everything else stays where it was.
Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition. Labels are listed in the sidebar so you can quickly see everything with a particular label.
Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately, with the latest shown at the top. Favorites provide quick access. Deleted Items are automatically removed after 30 days.
Where You Need It
In compact mode, Keep It for Mac becomes a single column, ideal for using alongside other apps or in split screen.
Works with Other Apps
Pretty much anything can be dragged to Keep It, and you can also add things from a variety of apps with Keep It’s share extension.
Information for Together Users
Keep It is the successor to Together, and will import your Together libraries. While many things will be familiar, Keep It offers some great new ideas and improvements, including:
View and Edit
- Summaries in the list and enhanced thumbnails, on both Mac and iOS
- Predefined styles for notes and improved file attachments
- Edit notes in tabs or their own windows
- See and search a list of tags in the Info view, and when tagging items in the list
- Automatically rename items created from stationery
- Compact Mode for working alongside other apps as a window or in split view
- iCloud sharing for individual items
Organize and Manage
- Favorites Bar for quick access to lists
- Folders can show all items in nested folders and bundles
- Recents list shows added and edited items across all your Macs and iOS devices
- Selecting multiple items shows options to add them to a bundle, move to a folder, change the label or add tags
- Each list can have its own sort settings
- The sidebar can be hidden and will reappear when you drag to the side of the window
- Deleted items automatically removed after 30 days
- Share extension can now add text, links, files, photos and movies, and when using it you can add tags, choose locations, and append text to notes. Small imports will be saved to iCloud and appear on other devices without you needing to open the app
- Bookmarklet can now either import a link or the selected text from a web page
- Search and Filter
- Search suggestions for drilling down to exactly what you need
- Use keywords when searching, and natural language for dates
- Save searches that work consistently across Macs and iOS
- Tag Filter can filter combinations of tags in the same straightforward way on both Mac and iOS
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category