Descriptions for iThoughtsX 5.5
Name: iThoughtsX (mindmap)
Release Date: March 14, 2018
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.toketaware.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ithoughtsx-mindmap/id720669838?mt=12
iThoughtsX is a mind mapping app for the Mac. It is based upon and fully compatible with iThoughts for iOS.
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• …plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device- finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system ‘Map Styles’.
• Rules based filtering engine.
• Presentation mode.
• Rule based sorting- including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps.
First class macOS integration:
• Retina support
• Versions support
• Fullscreen support
• Spotlight integration
• Quicklook support
• Pinch to zoom
What’s New in iThoughtsX 5.5
• Things Integration
• When CMD->RIGHT to move a topic, add it to the bottom of the topic above rather than the top of the topic below
• Fixed bug when exporting emoji in MindManager notes
• Compact layout and no shape
• Pasting image/pdf issue in OSX