Descriptions for iStat Menus 6.11 macOS
Name: iStat Menus
Developer: Bjango Pty Ltd
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/
An unobtrusive macOS status bar menu application designed to enables you to effortlessly monitor your system activity and resources usage
Keeping an eye on your Mac’s resources is advisable because this way you can understand more about your computer and you can identify possible issues sooner.
iStat Menus is a Mac app that provides quick access to this type of information via your status bar.
iStat Menus comprises multiple status bar menus so, right of the bat, you must select the ones you want active and personalize their behavior to match your own needs.
Easily accessible information about various types of resources
Once this is taken care of, the menus will be present in your status bar at all times: simply click on the respective icon and the drop down panel will provide more statistical data.
iStat Menus analyzes and provides usage data and separate status bar menus for the following elements: CPU&GPU, Memory, Disks, Network, Sensors, Battery (if available), or Time (can show the local time for different cities). In addition, you can create a single menu that combines multiple elements.
Note that each menu comes with its own customization options: you can change the way in which the information is displayed or the color palette.
Customize its status bar menu's appearance in no time
Moreover, you can select the sensors you want to monitor, set up warnings for specific battery levels, and more.
iStat Menus comes with 9 styles for the menu bar theme (black, blue, fire, graphite, green, pink, purple, red, and white), 2 drop down themes (dark and light), and allows you to adjust the status bar graph background opacity. In addition, you may also adjust the update frequency for the data displayed in the menus: fast, medium, or slow.
Unobtrusive menu bar solution for keeping an eye on your Mac’s resources usage
All in all, if you are looking for a low-key tool for monitoring the way in which your Mac deals with the available resources, iStat Menus certainly deserves your attention.
What’s new in iStat Menus 6.11
April 11th, 2018
- Added an option to reset all settings.
- Added location name to weather dropdown when using “current location” to fetch weather.
- Added ability to change color of menubar labels.
- Added an option to show BSD names for network interfaces.
- Added a separate notification type for IPv6 address changes.
- Improved error handling of weather data.
- Improved naming of S.M.A.R.T. and NVMe based temperature sensors.
- Improved daylight saving notifications.
- Improved disk activity monitoring.
- Improved disk temperature monitoring.
- Fixed an issue with some menubar date formats being displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with dates using incorrect calendar with some locale settings.
- Fixed an issue with selected fan speeds not being correctly restored after sleep.
- Fixed an issue with the exported settings icon.
Daily Ranking – Top 5 in This Category