Name: Iridient Developer
Developer: Iridient Digital Inc
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/rawdeveloper.html
A powerful image processor for Mac OS X that enables you to open and edit popular digital image file formats, including high quality RAW data.
Iridient Developer is yet another image processing application for Mac OS X that is able to work with popular file formats, such as JPEG, PNG, or TIFF. In addition, the application can deal with HDR or RAW image files.
Quickly import entire image folders and preview each picture added for processing
To get started, you must point Iridient Developer to the folder that contains the images you want to process: the utility will also import the files stored in subfolders. Noteworthy is that Iridient Developer can also work with RAW images (includes a robust demosaicing algorithm).
Moreover, you can adjust the RAW image size (use camera settings, maximum, or custom trim), and specify when should the app apply the Apple RAW conversion method (for unsupported image formats, never, or always).
Packs exhaustive image adjustment capabilities that can be accessed via a tabbed panel
The Iridient Developer main window allows you to browse the imported images and preview them in the central area.
At the same time, via the Settings panel associated with each picture, the utility provides extensive image adjustment options: you can change the exposure level, the color correction level, the input profile and much more.
Last but not least, Iridient Developer also provides the image histogram in a separate window: you get to switch between various viewing modes, such as RGB, RED, Green, Blue, Colors RGB, Colors + RGB, CIE Lightness, CIE Luminance, CIE Chroma, Luminosity, Hue, or Saturation.
Powerful yet easy to use image processor that can help you deal with various tasks
Furthermore, in the top toolbar placed in the Iridient Developer’s main window, you can see the RGB Pixel Value for the currently selected pixel, or access basic image processing tools: crop, rotate, zoom in or zoom out.
Iridient Developer is an excellent tool to have around if you need to batch process RAW image files but is also able to deal with less demanding image file formats.
What’s new in Iridient Developer 3.2.2
March 17th, 2018
- Support added for RAW images from the Canon Rebel T7 (2000D/Kiss X90) and 4000D (Rebel T100/3000D).
- Support added for RAW images from the Sony ILCE-7M3 (A7 III) and DSC-RX0 (RX0).
- Support added for RAW images from the Fujifilm X-H1, X-A5 and X-A20.
- Support added for RAW images from the Olympus E-PL9.
- Support added for RAW images from the Panasonic DC-GX9, DC-ZS200 (DC-TZ200) and DC-GF10 (DC-GF90).
- Support added for RAW images from the Phase One 100MP Trichromatic.
- Support added for 3:2 aspect ratio mode RAF images from the Fujifilm GFX 50S which were added in the latest 3.0 firmware update.
- Improved Sony and Pentax pixel shift processing.
- Improved error message when Sony pixel shift frames are not found for pixel shift processing.
- Faster Sony ARW format loading.
- JPEG export libraries updated to new version (libjpeg-turbo 1.5.3).