Descriptions for Description
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: OS X 10.2 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: N/A
More information: http://www.igetter.net/iGetter.html
More information: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/6175/igetter
iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator.
iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading.
In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
What's New in Version 2.9.3:
- Optimized for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Implemented new installation method of iGetter Extension for Safari 8 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite, as well as Safari 7.1+ on OS X 10.9 and Safari 6.2+ on OS X 10.8.
- Improved installation of iGetter Plugin for Safari 6.1+, 7.0+ and 8.0+.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Firefox using js-ctypes to load native code for communication with iGetter.
- Reworked iGetter Extension for Chrome/Chromium using Native Messaging Host for communication with iGetter.
- Added support for Notification Center in OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 and OS X 10.8. With the new option "Show desktop notifications" in the Speech preferences, iGetter will show notification messages on the chosen download events.
- Added support for App Nap in OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9. iGetter fully utilizes App Nap, which helps you save power in periods when the application is idle. When downloading, scheduling or doing other tasks, iGetter disables App Nap in order to resume its full performance.
- Digitally signed with version 2 signature for conformance with Gatekeeper on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.9.5.
- More intuitive Site Explorer, which conveniently shows the site's file hierarchy expanded to the same file, selected before leaving the view. Additionally, when adding new files for download, Site Explorer will stay at the site's view.
- Improved Enter Site URL dialog to load user and password data from the Site Manager, when such info is available for the URL.
- Added support for UTF-8 encoded Content-Disposition HTTP header fields, as proposed by RFC 5987.
- Added GB measurement for larger files and MB/s for higher download speeds.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for "Start Automatic Downloading" Shift+Command+R and "Pause All" Shift+Command+P.
- Fixed an issue with the Groups panel icons, which could cause a crash when exiting iGetter on OS X 10.10.
- Fixed an incompatibility between iGetter Plugin and Safari 7.0 (and some 6.0.x versions), which could lead to slowdowns and memory leaks of the Web Plugin process, in some rare cases.
- Fixed a potential issue with the Chrome External Extensions, which could prevent Chrome/Chromium recognizing iGetter Extension.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Settings dialog which won't change the file download name in some rare cases.
- Fixed an issue with the New URL dialog which won't filter some not allowed characters in the file name.
- Fixed the Enter Site URL dialog not hiding FTP Connection popup menu on a non ftp URLs.
- Fixed a potential issue in the Enter Site URL dialog, which could cause a crash in very rare cases.