Descriptions for IconJar 1.8.0
Released: Dec 13th, 2017
Developer: Davey Heuser and Curtis Hard
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://geticonjar.com/
Store, manage, and efficiently organize any number of icon collections with the help of this streamlined and user-friendly macOS app
Designed to make the life of app developers and designers a little bit easier, IconJar is a lightweight and user-friendly icon organizer for your Mac.
All your icons perfectly organized within a user-friendly interface
In a few words, IconJar makes it as easy as possible for you to store large collections of icons under one roof and organize them efficiently, so they will always be within arm’s reach when you need them.
Everything feels natural and looks top notch thanks to a responsive and native macOS interface, with a Set panel on the left side, a tag panel on the right side, and a search bar on the upper right part of the main window.
Also noteworthy is the fact that IconJar enables you to customize the size of your icons and to view only Bitmap or only Vector types.
Searching and tagging features that will help you find the perfect icons for your projects in seconds
The IconJar app enables you to create sets of icons or add icons to already existing sets, and to import sets of icons SVG, PNG, and GIF formats. Not only this but the app can also help you organize your icons with the help of its tagging system.
After you have assigned tags to your icons, you can easily find them with the help of IconJar’s super-quick search engine. As we are sure you already know, when dealing with application interfaces and icons, you will most definitely have to work with powerful editors.
In this case, you should be pleased to hear that IconJar was especially optimized to work with apps like Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator. This will surely improve your overall workflow because it enables you to drag and drop icons from IconJar directly onto the editors you are working with.
A must-have app for users who constantly work with large sets of icons
All in all, IconJar is a streamlined and efficient macOS app that will prove an asset for any developer or software designer that finds himself working with large sets of icons on a daily basis.
What’s new in IconJar 1.8.0
- We have added a highly requested feature of being able to change colors on any multi color icon and export them easily. This feature has only been added to Quickdrag and is only available with SVG's (exporting can be any format).
- We have improved the color picker so it now supports the multi color picker aswell as we also now name colors.
- We have added a re-index feature into the Library Preferences. This will re-index your library and add any tags or names we feel are missing from any of your icons (this wont remove any custom tags you have applied).
- We have a brand new on-boarding experience for new users.
- We have a brand new whats new splash windows when IconJar launches a new version after updating (dont worry, we only show this once).