4 x Best of App Store Winner
# The Simple Writing App
iA Writer removes distractions. Giving you a calm, focused, writing space, so you can express yourself clearly.
Focus Mode dims everything but the current sentence or paragraph, helping you stay in the flow.
Don’t worry about the format. First, write in plain text. Then preview in HTML.
Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds without leaving the window.
iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions and clean your text of the usual rumble.
Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
# 100% Text
Embed links, pictures, tables and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Web Site: https://ia.net/writer/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ia-writer/id775737590?mt=12
What’s New in iA Writer 5.0
# 1. New Library
## 1.1 Added Organizer
- Quickly access your Library Locations and Favorites (folders and files) in Organizer
- Drag and drop folders from Finder to add them as Library Locations
- Drag and drop folders and files from within Library to save them as Favorites
- Drag and drop to reorder Library Locations and Favorites
- Favorites get automatic keyboard shortcuts in the new Go menu
## 1.2 Select Multiple Files
- ShiftClick to select a contiguous range
- CommandClick to select multiple arbitrary files
- Multiple files can be moved to another folder or added to a document as content blocks
## 1.3 Navigation
- Library remembers navigation history
- Use familiar navigation keys in title bar to go back and forward
- Click and hold navigation keys to access navigation history
- Filter in Library finds files in only the currently visible folder
- Change sort order of Filter in Library
# 2. Free Candy
- Switch to dark app icon in General preferences
- Added task stats
- Use ControlTab and ControlShiftTab to switch between Organizer, File Browser, and Editor without taking your hands off keyboard
- Upgraded advanced search syntax with more flexible queries
- Added stats toolbar (access in contextual menu or View > Toolbar)
- Improved word and sentence count accuracy
- Added French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese localizations
# 3. Fixes
- Fixed an issue where images could not be dropped into Library from Safari, Photos
- Fixed an issue where app could freeze while showing folders with a large amount of images
- Fixed an issue where app could freeze while removing large Library Locations
- Fixed an issue where multiple content blocks dropped onto Editor were inserted in reverse order
- Fixed an issue where tabs were always visible in full screen
- Fixed an issue where cursor position could be lost when enabling syntax control
- Fixed an issue where some text failed to draw correctly after undoing some text editing commands