Descriptions for Description
Name: iA Writer
Release Date: March 30, 2016
Languages: English, German, Japanese
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT Team
More information: https://ia.net/writer/
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/ia-writer/id775737590?mt=12
“Beautiful and simple” ***** The Guardian
“Everything goes away except for the writing experience” ***** Stephen Fry
“Writer has out-innovated Apple” ***** Fast Company
Best of App Store 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
# Unmatched Writing Experience
iA Writer is designed to provide the best digital writing experience: Keep your hands on the keyboard and your mind in the text.
# Swipe Right to Library
iA Writer now comes with an integrated library for all your documents. With a swipe to the right you have easy access to all your texts in one place.
# Swipe Left to Preview
With synchronized scrolling Preview, iA Writer consciously separates form and content. It optimizes plain text writing while offering stellar formatted export—with world class typography.
# Focus Mode and Syntax Control
iA Writer is famous for offering a deeper focus on your text. Its unique tools improve your writing style by honing your concentration: One sentence at a time, or by highlighting different parts of speech.
# All Your Documents on All Your Devices
With seamless Dropbox and iCloud sync, iA Writer keeps your documents safe and at hand on whatever device you are using when inspiration strikes.
- Integrated document Library
- Synchronized scrolling Markdown Preview
- Beautiful Preview templates with curated fonts
- Focus Mode fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML and beautifully styled PDF
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Real-time iCloud and Dropbox sync
- Reading Time; plus sentence, word, and character count
- Customized for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen for total immersion in the text
- Visit ia.net/writer for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 3.1.3:
# Focus Mode for Paragraphs
- Focus Mode can be expanded to the bounds of full paragraphs
- Accessed via Preferences > Editor > Focus Mode
# Your Table is Ready
- Click the Table button in the toolbar and set the desired number of rows and columns
- The required Markdown for the table is created for you instantly
# Other Improvements and Fixes
- Fixed an issue where documents did not refresh when changed by some text editors and third-party sync services
- Added an option to hide text snippets in Library
- Stopped showing non-text files in iCloud Library
- Improved H6 alignment at the beginning of a page
- Fixed an issue which prevented Smart Delete from working
- Fixed an issue where toolbar could remain visible when typing
- Smart Quotes no longer convert primes to curly quotes in code blocks
# Recent Improvements
- Support for MultiMarkdown’s Table of Contents
- “Open Quickly” for quick access to documents with Shift+Command+O
- Advanced search syntax. Learn more in Help
- Export drafts to Medium (Add an account in Preferences)
- [x] Click tasks to mark as completed
- German and Japanese localizations
If you like the updates, please leave us a rating on the Mac App Store. It helps a lot.
We’re always listening to your feedback on Twitter @iAWriter.