|Name||Hostal 1.6 mac-torrent-download.net.zip|
|Created on||2019-10-21 00:15:41|
|Files||Hostal 1.6 mac-torrent-download.net.zip (15.17 MB)|
Hostal is a user friendly DNS database software for novices and advanced users. Allows local IP address mapping by creating a Hosts file for your computer.
Local IP mapping can help speed up Web surfing, and allows content filtering and privacy protection by blocking designated hosts. Hostal ships with a large database of advertising and adult content sites and easily allows you to customize or add your own.
Hostal supports Time to Live to prevent stale host mappings. For users on a network, Hostal detects an existing Hosts file and incorporates those settings as well. Hostal supports exporting hosts files for different platforms. Easy to use database makes managing a Hosts file a snap.
- Attractive, easy to use interface.
- Instantly map or block any host.
- Blocks unwanted ads.
- Blocks adult content sites.
- Protects privacy by blocking unwanted cookies.
- Resolves urls to hosts.
- DNS lookup for a host or url.
- Preconfigured to block numerous objectionable hosts.
- Preconfigured to block numerous advertising hosts.
- Supports Time to Live to prevent stale data.
- Flexible searching through large host databases.
- Supports exporting hosts files for different platforms.
- Illustrated Documentation.
- Universal binary for native speed on PPC or Intel platforms.
- Available for Mac OS X.
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Web Site
- Developer Website
What’s new in Hostal 1.6
- Adds the ability to block Google services, advertising, and tracking.
- Adds the ability to restore system default hosts file.
- Makes improvements to social media blocking.
- Makes improvements to ad blocking.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.