Gifox 1.6.0 – Delightful GIF Recording and Sharing App
Name: Gifox – GIF Recording & Shari…
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Includes: Pre-K’ed (TNT)
Web Site: https://gifox.io
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/gifox-gif-recording-shari/id1082624744?mt=12
Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated GIFs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It’s your best companion for:
- Microscreencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective onscreen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it’s moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
- Pixelsharp selection with accurate margins
- Only selected window without any overlaps
- With or without window shadow
- With or without desktop background
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control your recording and output.
- Record fps
- Playback fps
- Window shadow
- Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over output quality and file size.
- Palette generation
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts, which can be customised in preferences.
- Cmd+Shift+5 initiates/stops free selection mode recording
- Cmd+Shift+6 initiates/stops window mode recording
Easily share your recordings with Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur, copy or drag-and-drop them to other apps! Support for more great services underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
What’s New in Gifox 1.6.0
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.