|Name||Forecast Bar 2.6.1|
|Created on||2016-06-16 23:50:54|
|Files||Forecast Bar 2.6.1/Forecast Bar 2.6.1 MAS [TNT].dmg (36.13 MB)|
Name: Forecast Bar - Weather Powered by Forecast.io
Release Date: June 16, 2016
Developer: Real Casual Games, LLC
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Courtesy of TNT Team.
More information: http://forecastbar.com
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/forecast-bar-weather-powered/id982710545?mt=12
*** Best New App by Apple as a Best New App *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker ***
Powered by Forecast.io, Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a full dock app. iCloud Sync keeps your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description, available in 18 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
- When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity*
- 5 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning animated icons for each weather condition (plus two additional icon packs to switch between)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in or online sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Animated radar and satellite imagery powered by Aeris Weather (U.S. only)
*** Purchase includes one-year of hourly premium weather updates from forecast.io. If you would prefer more frequent updates (10, 15 or 30 minutes) you can upgrade easily within the app. ***
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart. Furthermore, clicking on the radar icon will display an interactive, animated radar/satellite/advisory map.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store up to 10 saved locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts. By default, Forecast Bar will automatically detect which units to use for your location, or you can manually set your preferred units.
Forecast Bar supports Forecast.io’s Time Machine feature. Time Machine gives you the ability to check the current weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
If you have any ideas or problems with Forecast Bar, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or add them to our support site!
What's New in Version 2.6.1:
Thank you for your ongoing support of Forecast Bar! We have continued to listen to your feedback and have some exciting new features to share:
- Added a new Hour-by-Hour Timeline forecast view (in addition to the existing line graphs you can choose between)
- Added ability to store an unlimited amount of locations (was 10)
- Added optional sounds for weather and precipitation alerts
- Added ability to toggle between precipitation chance and amount
- Added ability to change the color of the menu bar text and icon with any color
- Improved colors in line chart conditions
- Improved wind indicator
- Improved support for time zones with uneven offsets (e.g. GMT+8.5)
- Improved accessibility
These features help keep our Mac version of Forecast Bar consistent with our iOS version (and new Forecast Bar Free for iPhone and iPad version!)
Reviews are reset with each update. If your enjoying Forecast Bar please leave or update your review, it really helps! Thanks!