FontLab VI 6.0.8 (6790)
With FontLab (was FontLab Studio), you can create, open, modify, draw, space, kern, hint, and export desktop, web, color, and variable fonts. It is an all-around font editor, but also supports data interchange with other font creation tools, making it easy to integrate into your existing workflows. FontLab brought in the best of their classic apps, FontLab Studio and Fontographer, including many familiar keyboard FontLab shortcuts. But they reconsidered and streamlined every function.
FontLab VI also gives you groundbreaking new drawing tools and responsive contour operations to make your design process easier and more efficient, whether you’re an expert or a beginner. FontLab now supports color and variability, so you can explore these new possibilities and expand your creative reach.
- Open and export:
- OpenType-PS/CFF (OTF)
- OpenType TT / TrueType (TTF)
- Variable OpenType TT (TTF+gvar)
- Color OpenType (TTF+SVG, +COLR, +CBDT, +sbix)
- PostScript Type 1 (PFB/PFA)
- Web fonts (WOFF2, WOFF, EOT)
- FontLab (VFB, VFC, VFJ)
- Import only:
- BitFonter Photofont (PHF+PNG, +SVG)
- Fontographer (FOG)
- and any of the above in ZIP files
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit
Web Site: https://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontlab-vi/
What’s New in FontLab VI 6.0.7 (6790)
- Adds improvements in composite and auto glyphs handling, including a quick way to create auto layers for multiple glyphs and layers, and an extended syntax for glyph recipes that allows scaling and flipping; a new Glyphs Bar; improvements in working with Genius nodes; more control over outline conversion from PostScript to TrueType; a “guides” section in Font Info; manual sorting of classes in the Classes panel; autocomplete and dragdrop support in the Features panel. It also has assorted bug fixes, especially around glyphs and elements.
Further details on this release are available at: