Descriptions for FontExplorer X Pro 6.0.4
Name: FontExplorer X Pro
Developer: Linotype Library GmbH
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.9 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Pre-K’ed (The Shark)
Web Site: http://www.linotype.com/
User friendly macOS font management application that offers you the possibility to quickly import fonts, enable or disable them, and more
Apple’s Font Book.app is designed to help you manage your fonts without having to deal with complex tools. However, power users might find the import and export options, but also the amount of information displayed for a certain entry, unsatisfactory.
As a result, more powerful font management solutions, such as FontExplorer X Pro, become a necessity.
Fast font import options and powerful font management tools
When you launch FontExplorer X Pro for the first time, the application is able to import fonts from various locations on your Mac: this way you will have access to your entire font library right from the start.
Of course, you can choose to quickly import new fonts at any time, activate or deactivate them, view extensive information about the typeface, create font families, choose to reveal the source file in the Finder, and even preview the output on the Web.
Detailed data about each typeface and easy preview of styles associated to a font
To visualize all the available data about a certain font, simply press the “Information” button placed in the FontExplorer X Pro top toolbar. In the new window you can see the font name, style, format, version, copyright details, embedding rights, suitable languages, and more.
The same area enables you to visualize the included characters, change the font preview text, or modify the kerning for different letter combinations.
The FontExplorer X Pro Slideshow function offers you the possibility to see the appearance of a text string in all the styles associated with a certain typeface: input a text string, specify the text size, alignment, and leading, and then employ the slideshow player buttons to visualize the different styles.
Comprehensive font management solution
FontExplorer X Pro enables you to deal with large font collections and provides access to powerful management tools. At the same time, the application offers access to a wide range of information about a specific typeface, and even includes some customization options.
What’s new in FontExplorer X Pro 6.0.4
- Integrated Adobe CC 2018 plugins into FontExplorer X Pro application
- Extended the smart set filters for Classification to allow filtering for Fonts that contain any classification as well as Fonts that do not contain any classification
- Integrated support for the Monotype MLS application – automatic grouping under “Cloud Fonts > MLS”, source list configuration, Smart Set filters
- FontExplorer X Pro sporadically crashed when a large number of Fonts were moved to the trash
- On certain web sites, the FontExplorer X Web Preview did not render newly applied Fonts correctly. This occurred when the URL contained Content-Security-Policy: default-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline’ in the http header
- Occasionally Font names would appear grayed out in the WYSIWYG Font List, this was due to an internal Font Format mismatch with the Apple OS
- Detect Fonts in Documents did not recognize fonts contained in Sketch documents created with the new Sketch format
- When viewing multiple Fonts in the Slide Show window, a white image of the First font remained visible
- The software license file was not recognized by macOS 10.13.4 (beta version) Various minor unrelated bug fixes and user interface improvements
- Assorted application crashes