Descriptions for FileWard 1.5.4
Name: FileWard for Mac
Mac Platform: Intel
OS version:OS X 10.7 or later
Includes: Keygen (CORE)
Web Site: http://www.northernsoftworks.com/fileward.html
Moreover, FileWard uses the cryptography libraries of OpenSSL to make six industrial strength encryption ciphers available in an easy to use drag and drop application. Simply drop a file or folder into FileWard to encrypt it, or double click to decrypt it.
FileWard also features convenient high strength encryption to the clipboard allowing you to encrypt any clipboard contents including text, pictures, spreadsheets, whatever! In short, if you can copy it to the clipboard, FileWard can encrypt it.
In addition, FileWard even lets you encrypt binary files directly to the clipboard. With FileWard, state of the art encryption of files and data is finally made simple.
No other utility on the market offers stronger file and data protection than FileWard. FileWard is the perfect tool if you have to keep a secret.
Limitations in the unregistered version
Will only encrypt using low strength DES encryption.
- Attractive, easy-to-use interface
- Six high strength encryption ciphers
- Based on OpenSSL for robust cryptographic performance
- Open source encryption code for easy peer review
- Automatic compression of encrypted files
- Simple drag-and-drop encryption of files and folders
- Encrypt contents of the clipboard
- Encrypt binary files directly to the clipboard
- Verify integrity of encrypted files
- Create SHA1 file checksums
- Verify file checksums
- Access the OS X Password Assistant
- Includes Finder plugin
- Illustrated documentation
- Universal Binary
What’s New in FileWard 1.5.4
- Release notes not available at the time of this post.