|Created on||2017-07-26 20:56:32|
|Files||Expressions_1.3_MAS_[ked].dmg (3.37 MB)|
Version: 1.3 (MAS)
Release Date: July 26, 2017
MAS Rating: 4+
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.11 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Web Site: http://www.apptorium.com/products/expressions
Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/expressions/id913158085?mt=12
Expressions allows to play with regular expressions*. Just type your pattern and some text to test it. All the changes are updated while you're typing text or pattern. App highlights the syntax, so the pattern is easy-to-read and modify. If you use subexpressions (groups), you can highlight them by pressing cmd+shift+] (or [ – for decreasing the highlighted group number).
If you don't remember the regex syntax, just press cmd+r or click button in the top-right. You will get the reference sheet, so you don't have to remember everything.
The user interface is very minimalistic and non-distractive. By default the color is the same as your menubar, but you can always switch to dark or light mode (see: Preferences). You can also open app in beautiful full screen mode which is perfect when you want to focus or to demonstrate regular expressions to other people.
* Expressions uses ICU regular expression standard. More information you will find here: https://developer.apple.com/reference/foundation/nsregularexpression
What's New in Version 1.3:
- Expression library. Now the app remembers multiple expressions.
- Added new, advanced reference sheet
- App window can be downsized
- Protected app from freeze when the expression cannot be compiled