Espresso is back. For people who make delightful, innovative, and fast websites — in an app to match. Espresso helps you write, code, design, build, and publish with flair and efficiency. Sophisticated text features, amazing Live Preview with Browser Xray, CSSEdit tools, the Navigator, Dynamo auto-building, and Server Sync. Whether you’re starting from scratch or tweaking a live site, Espresso has you covered.
- Browser Preview and Xray Local project? Enjoy the best autorefresh in the business. Xray your page layout to quickly edit relevant styles. The best part? It works in Chrome, Firefox and Safari (including Technology Preview).
- Overrides with Live Styling and Xray Change CSS for live sites and see your design update in realtime. No need to publish, reload or even save. Only Espresso makes playing with live projects this fun, easy and nondestructive.
- CSSEdit Tools for Supercharged Style Sheets The new Espresso lets you build firstclass standard CSS, but also modular SCSS and LESS. Styling is a joy with the beautiful Navigator, autobuilding by Dynamo and incredible integration with Live Preview and Overrides. Our awardwinning CSSEdit visual tools and code formatting live on inside Espresso, with frictionless editors for colors, gradients, shadows, layouts and more available for standard and dynamic CSS. Everything just works.
- Zen Snippets Zen shortcuts let you combine and expand abbreviations based on tags and custom snippets.
- Toolbar Favorites Customize your toolbar with contextual actions, snippets and menus for quick access.
- Templates For files, folders or projects. Use a builtin one, or save your reusable bits. A real timesaver.
- Workspace Now with the flexibility of tabs while integrating even more smoothly with your project files.
- Open Quickly Switch between documents without taking your fingers off the keyboard. It’s Go time.
- Solid Basics Zippy editing. CodeSense. Folding. Indentation guides. Bracket balancing. All there, quietly helping.
- MultiEdit Make many changes at once, not one change many times. Multiple selections make renaming things a breeze.
- Navigator No mere function menu. Effortlessly navigate your code structure with groups, style previews and Quick Filter.
- Language Support Out of the box: HTML, (S)CSS, LESS, JS, CoffeeScript, PHP, Ruby, Python, Apache and XML. Extensible with syntax plugins.
- Fantastic Find Needle and haystack no more. Project Find and Replace, Quick Filter and colorized regex make searching through files or text a breeze.
- PlugIn Power Espresso comes with an extensive plugin API for actions, syntaxes, formatting, and more. Check out the Power Up section.
- The Dynamics of Static We dig the inherently secure speed of static websites, and the convenience, reusability and flexibility in dynamic content systems. So, we started Dynamo: Espresso’s builtin build infrastructure. It elevates the languages you know and love, producing content without server requirements. Opt in and discover autobuilding with unrivaled Live Preview integration where you need it most.
- Superb CSS SCSS and LESS are popular for their nested rules, variables and functions. Espresso has fantastic support, even when using them with Preview Overrides.
- Markdown and HTML Reuse page components with imports and smart paths. Generate entire folders with template mixins (our blog!).
- InApp Beta Advanced CSS support is solid and absolutely dynamite, but we’re still evaluating some features like folder template mixins. They may change significantly later.
- Say Hello to Clodette With Quick Publish, Server Sync and Quick Browse, you have the right tools for all your publishing needs. Ready for action in the new Clodette overview menu.
- Server Sync Keep entire projects in sync with their server. Also pushing a specific folder to a CDN? No problem! Cloud Attack powers superfast change detection and parallel transfers.
- AppWide Favorites Server credentials are now saved globally or not at all, ideal for oneoff transfers. Many sites on one server? One favorite can power multiple Project Servers, each connecting to its own folder.
- Quick Publish on Save Introduced way back, autouploadonsave is still a goodie. Use the action menu for more manual control. All seamlessly integrated with your Project Servers projectwide or folder specific.
Note (from the developer’s site): “An Espresso license comes with one year of free features. Renew annually to keep receiving new updates…. You can continue to use the last update within your licensed year indefinitely, and skip or renew at your leisure. Think of it as a timebased replacement of the traditional major version upgrade cycle.”
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.2 or later 64-bit
Web Site: http://www.macrabbit.com/goodies/
What’s New in Espresso 5.2.2
- Made document find and replace more accessible and more consistent with other macOS applications by adding a menu item: Edit > Find > Find and Replace… (⌥⌘F)
- Remapped the lesserused Navigator Quick Filter keyboard shortcut from ⌥⌘F to ⌥⇧⌘F
- Draganddrop for multiple items in the sidebar was broken on Mojave
- Tabs couldn’t be reordered nor pulled out into independent windows on Mojave
- Document replace using regular expressions wasn’t working
- Pressing shift + return in the document find bar wasn’t finding the previous result
- Preview was broken for some websites
- “Snippets + Zen…” menu item no longer worked