Mac Platform: Intel
OS version: 10.8
Processor type(s) & speed: 64bit
Link for more information: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escapes/id573251108?mt=12
Escapes is an ANSI NFO DIZ ASC viewer/editor for Mac OS X.
** SOON: Escapes 2 - tons of new features, free upgrade! **
* Admire ANSi art of any kind. Easy. All types supported.
* Built-in editor for ASCII art (NFO, DIZ, ASC) and text files.
* Retina Engine: renders both ANSi and ASCII art in high DPI.
* Retina UI: a gorgeous interface and stunning file type icons.
* Be social. Share your favorite artworks on Twitter.
* Export ANSi / ASCII art to highly optimized PNG images.
* Investigate SAUCE records, it's all inside.
* Choose between ten classic and modern typefaces.
* 19 encodings available to save from one to the other.
* An optional viewer mode leaves precious files untouched.
* Tons of advanced settings, like .bin columns and iCE colors.
* Themes. Lots of them. Creating your own? Oh yeah!
* Clickable hyperlinks and auto-sizing document windows? Yep.
* About a million things we haven't mentioned? Definitely.
Supported file types include (but are not limited to):
ANSi (.ANS), Binary (.BIN), Artworx (.ADF), iCE Draw (.IDF), Xbin (.XB), PCBoard (.PCB), Tundra (.TND), ASCII (.ASC), Release info (.NFO), Description in zipfile (.DIZ) and text files.
Note that a considerably improved variant of our well-known app Ascension is built-in. So with Escapes, you also get the world's most popular NFO viewer for Mac, completely revised and extended.
Escapes mascot Frank won't win a model contest, but we promise he will look awesome in your dock. So prepare yourself for a journey through time and explore the golden era of text mode artists. Enjoy!
What's New in Version 1.1.0
Rewritten ANSi rendering engine with massive performance improvements, custom scrollers that allow to focus more on contents, option to activate universal b/w scroller mode.
Fixed a bug that caused ANSi files to not render under OS X Mavericks.